Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not Case, but it's not scrap

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heavymetal
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a Hyster 8000# outside forklift that I was trying to sell and decided to tear it apart and scrap. It weighed just short of 13,000 so I could almost get what I wanted for it. I pulled the Perkins diesel out and a bunch of parts for other projects. Hated to do it but it has just set at a customers place if I needed to work on his equip. Now he has 2 boom trucks and we haven't used the hyster much. Good part is while waiting to unload part of it I noticed an AC B sitting in the yard. So for part of my scrap money the B came home with me. Can't believe someone scrapped it. Great shape other than motor was stuck. 20 minutes after we got it unloaded we got it to roll over. It had water in #2 & #3 cylinders and 2 stuck valves. Great sheetmetal, new manifold, foot brake conversion, belt pulley, PTO, and hydraulics. So another project! At least it's Orange! On a Case note. Did Case use Perkins 4.2?? in anything. The Perkins is 1968 vintage indirect injected. Good motor, and couldn't let it go.

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MF and Landini are the only ones I can think of that used the 248.

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad you saved the "B", but that Hyster looks too good to have been scrapped.

MJ in the UK

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A lot of forklift manufacturers used the Perkins 4 cyl 4-203 indirect diesel engines. This is the 4cyl version of the 3 cyl 3-152 as used by MF in the 35 tractors. MJ

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forklift looks too good to scrap, for sure. Maybe, with your obvious skills at fabrication, you could turn it into a 3-pt hitch setup. Buddy of mine did it with a smaller mast.

heavymetal
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was hard to do, I was up to 4 lift trucks and no one would buy it for 2200.00. The truck was in good shape other than it was going to need the trans gone through. I was quoted 2500 for rebuild and parts were getting tough to find. I have a 57 Clark 6000# that goes about anywhere ( dual drive tires )and is easy on parts. It's a real simple truck! Plus it picks up 10,000 and goes 12ft high. Got to love the old trucks.

TimBinWV
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got a 310B with an attached forklift. Love to have a longer set of forks for it, but it would prolly get me into more trouble than out of.

heavymetal
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finally got a pic of the B. got it running, and other than a valve that sticks now and then, she runs good. Pretty happy to have a B again. Really interested in comparing it to a VC or VAC. Never been around them, but learned a friends dad has one (VAC) and he is going to let me play around with it.

Last edited by heavymetal on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
gusbratz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

man that b looks nice, you got that at a scrapyard?

heavymetal
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gusbratz wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:24:44 12/09/12) man that b looks nice, you got that at a scrapyard?

Yes, I couldn't believe someone let it go for scrap. Everything seems be there. Plus a 55 gal drum of parts. They scrapped the cultivators also but I only got pcs. Rest got cut up.

gusbratz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Not Case, but it's not scrap Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what a shame, i was raised to believe you "waste not want not". sure when something is junk you have to let it go and scrap gets made into someting else so at least it's not in a landfill. but to take a perfectly good anything and throw it away when somebody else could use it is like spitting in gods eye for blessing you to the point that you have more than you need.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.