Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1550 utility

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanhorn

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: 1550 utility Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My family and I have a 1550 utility diesel that we are thinking about selling. It has a new engine done by ross agri mechanics and is in pretty good shape, I heard this tractor is somewhat rare and one like it brought 15k a while back, any interest or info on what this tractor is worth. thank for the help

gville minni mo

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1550 utility Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ross agrimechanis as in Charlie Ross of Zanesville Ohio? I dont consider it real rare or a huge market for it . terry

vanhorn

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: 1550 utility Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes it was Charlie who did the engine.

jordan hackman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: 1550 utility Reply to specific post Reply with quote

these tractors don't really count as rare just not seen very often and the one that brought 15k had the whole 9 yards, overhaul, paint, decals, tires etc. i have thought of getting a 1550 diesel but i am not looking for one.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: 1550 utility Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd like to have one for a loader tractor,but at 15k,we're not even on the same planet pricewise.
I'd be closer to 3k if it's not too far from home.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 utility Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I sold mine, in good shape, for $3,500. A real nice one should be about 5K, I would think. $15,000 deal was consummated when two fools met, IMHO.

johns
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 utility Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike is right. 1550 is basically a 77/Super 77/770 with 4 digit sheetmetal. A fully restored Super 99gm brought $15,000 at a sale in IL this month, no way I would pay the same for a 1550.

dabot

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 utility Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Feel free to contact me. Duane 8126396288

dads 88
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1550 utility Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Made about 577 1550 utility models so not real common. Diesel would make it scarce. TONS of difference between 77-770 and a 1550. They both have a spur gear trans. Nothing much else the same.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.