Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just finishing up

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After a year plus, I am finally getting my 51 8N back together. I had GB in Montana rebuild my carb, and I just test fired the engine and the carb works GREAT!!!! It runs like a Swiss Clock!! I only put a little gas in the carb, as I don't have the radiator on yet. I wanted to make sure the engine was going to run first. When it fired up so nice, I looked like a Cheshire cat with a big ol grin!!! As soon as GB gets his self outta bed, he said he would post a picture of my project for me. Thanks Gary!!! You did a FANTASTIC job and it looks GREAT too!!!!
Dave

tn8n
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i know that feeling you're talking about when it fires up that first time for you! i rebuilt the engine in mine and fixed several other problems while it was apart, and when it started that first time after being in so many peices in the barn was nice! i was the same way, smiling ear to ear and practically jumping up and down, darn near brings a tear to the eyes.... it's probably old hat to several of the grizzled old men on here, but when when its your first it's "special"

GB in MT.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dave in Wyoming wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:00:27 11/29/12) After a year plus, I am finally getting my 51 8N back together. I had GB in Montana rebuild my carb, and I just test fired the engine and the carb works GREAT!!!! It runs like a Swiss Clock!! I only put a little gas in the carb, as I don't have the radiator on yet. I wanted to make sure the engine was going to run first. When it fired up so nice, I looked like a Cheshire cat with a big ol grin!!! As soon as GB gets his self outta bed, he said he would post a picture of my project for me. Thanks Gary!!! You did a FANTASTIC job and it looks GREAT too!!!!
Dave

Dave;
Thanks for the great write-up. Very glad you like the carb, and how it runs!!!
Just got in from the carb shack, working on the rusty sucker!!! Laughing
As requested....here are the pix you sent me this morning......
Talk about nice work, you are doing a 'bang-up', beautiful job on that 8N.!!! Shocked Nice work Dave!!!!!

Second pic.....:

We are gonna want to see the final, on your re-build!!!!! Cool
Thanks again, for letting me, be a part of your 8N re-build!!!!!! Wink

Gary Very Happy

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes it IS special!!! My wife came runnin out to the garage, and was about as happy as I was. It won't be long and she can get her car back in the garage. HAHA
Dave

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words GB!!!! It's a labor of love. Even for a working tractor, I just couldn't paint over everything and move on. So, allot of my time waiting for Mr. Haney to get my engine done, I polished and blasted and cleaned and and painted parts, and did allot of other repairs during that time. The first scrath is always the worst!!!

Buss
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would keep the tractor in the garage and the wife"s car outside. I have two tractors shedded and two vehicles outside and your 8N looks a whole lot better than mine. you have done an excellent job.

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Buss!!!! Well, when Momma's not happy...... Ya know what I mean?? I keep my 40 Ford in the garage at all times, and I like to keep Momma's Charger in there too, but the tractor took the spot this past year. I didn't want to park it outside with no engine, and the input drive exposed. At least that's what I told Momma, and it worked. I keep telling myself, this is just a working tractor, but I keep wanting to detail stuff. It's a bad habbit!!
Thanks again for your kind words!!!!
Dave

pconnie
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice..noticed the reg. is mounted is there a way to put dash bolt in behind the reg..or do you have to remove it..send along photos of car ..looks as good as 8

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

pconnie, I am assuming you are refering to the hood bolts?? If so, the bottom bolts two bolts on the dash have a boxed in nut. The top two bolts do not, but you can get to them with the battery lid open. I'm not seeing any bolts in the area of the reg. to mount the dash to the tractor. I'll try and post a picture of my 40 soon. Hope this helps, and thanks!!!
Dave

BOB HAWBECKER
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tractor looks great but what is lurking in behind tractor in 2nd photo we need a picture of that bad boy Smile

01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Outstanding job to say the least.

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's a 1940 Ford Tudor Sedan. Not completely stock. I'll post a picture soon. Thanks!!!
Dave

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Much!!!
Dave

Dave in Wyoming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's my 40 Ford.
Dave

ASEguy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Just finishing up Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Super job on both counts. That 40 Ford looks really good.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.