Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gripe

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charlie n
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not usually not one to bi#!* BUT.I got this from CNH today.Packing kit for 335 steering cylinder.Ways about an ounce and made of neoprene and plastic. $89.47.I guess after 40 +years of buying OEM I shouldn't be surprised.

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About as bad as Hiniker wanting over thirteen hundred dollars for a driveshaft for a cornstalk flail.

ihman73
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Or a neighbor that bought a $1200.00 seal kit for a rear wheel assist motor on his 2388 combine. Our local CaseIH dealer is bad about gouging on parts. I started pricing around and will drive the extra hour in some cases to deny them the opportunity to break it off in my hind quarter.

Phil Tibbetts
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Or JD wanting $2300 for a fuel tank for my 410 backhoe.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They are making these parts "gold". That means they will carry them, but make them the price of gold.

I believe they are just making them profitable. It really does costs them money to keep these parts on the shelves for years.

cydsectin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm surprised to see it was made in USA, or at least the bag was.

cydectin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m surprised to see it was made in USA, or at least the bag was.

WAYNE-N-TX
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Needing to replace the brake bands on my JD 450 dozer. A total of 4 half bands making two set, just like what is on older cars,over $2,000.00.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I needed a belt for my combine.John Deere wanted
$180.00. JayDee Enterprises want $38.00.Guess who I
bought it from?

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Note the "Fiat" label lower left corner.

jim in can

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

how about NH wanting $1900.00 for a third gear shift fork on an 8600!, or wanting over $400.00 each for differential spider gears on same tractor but only needing $80.00 if they were for an 8670! same basic setup!

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For years, I've noticed "trends" that business's go through. The current trend seems to be: "Grab all the cash that you can before the economy collapses". I've seen others on the Nightly Business News saying the same thing. Also rumors going around that "business people" are predicting that the economy will tank in the 3rd quarter of this year - and they all want to have lots of cash by then.

All my life I've heard people talk about repairing instead of buy new. I think that the margin between repairing and buying new is getting narrower.

Ken Macfarlane
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can probably get them relined at a clutch/brake shop.

Brian in MA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure I agree that the margin between repairing and new is narrower. It seems like the pricing on new is continuing to grow at a "healthy" pace.

wisbaker
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Gripe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the joys of business consolidation. Look at the legacy parts that
CNH and Agco both have to deal with. And since in most cases they've
driven the local dealer out of business they really aren't worried about
customer relations, after all what are you going to do buy a John Deere?
This type of behavior is what has me convinced one of the problems in
our country today is to many businesses run by business majors who have
very little to no understanding of the products and services they
deliver to customers that they also don't fully understand. Same for our
teachers, they spend more time in education classes than learning the
subjects they'll be teaching.

Also understand that with the current legal climate that exists in the
US they do have a vested interest in getting you to move away from older
equipment, it helps minimize potential liability if bad things happen.
That and our government keeps passing laws making new equipment cleaner
and safer but a lot more expensive (same thing they did to the auto
industry). They need to put additional pressure on you to upgrade before
Barry & the boys puts pressure on them or use the media to assault them
and seize them much like GM & Chrysler. That and someone has to pay for
the additional taxes and healthcare costs they will soon be paying.
Remember corporations don't pay taxes, they simply increase the prices
of their goods and services to their customers or reduce their costs to
maintain their margins.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.