Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

55 with loader

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sammy in Kansas
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: 55 with loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am trying to help and elderly man set a price for his old tractor. He has a model 55 with live power pump off of crankshaft runnning a loader. the tires hold air but nothing special. It has set for 10 years. was wondering if 2500. sounds in the ball park. I know with out pictures it is hard but I know nothing about Massys or what to look for both good and bad. any help would be appreciated.

maxwell99
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: 55 with loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

must not be many of them around.

I looked for a Massey harris 55 with frontend loader to see what they were asking for them.

I never found a 55" massey harris with a loader mounted. If the old tractor has power steering i would start at 3500, but without power steering it would be a man killer to drive,

if the attached picture is what type tractor you are talking about, a 55" is a big tractor.

there were a number of 44" narrow frontend with loader, but never found a 55"

good luck,

might get more for it by selling the frontend loader seperate, if it has a seperate hyd pump as the loader might fit a number of other tractors.
ask around some, as there must not be too many of these tractors with loaders, who knows what the means, could be good or bad.

mkirsch
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: 55 with loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Massey 55 was the "big hoss" heavy tillage tractor of its day. It's not a great loader tractor, so odds are this is the only one with a loader you are going to come across in your lifetime.

If you can get it running good I would have to imagine it's worth something more than $2500. The loader might actually DETRACT from the value, though.

I suspect at $2500 it will sell quickly if it starts up and runs at all.

Massey 55s aren't real common.

EJ70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 with loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

. I assume its in kansas. Pto? 3Pt?

Sammy in Kansas
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 with loader Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is in SE Colorado Las Animas. No 3 point. Not sure of the brand loader but has not ran for several years, so not sure what it will take to get it running.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.