Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs coming back?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanovertom
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/12/the-insourcing-boom/309166/

My son just sent me this article about GE re- opening assembly lines in Kentucky, some of which have been in Mexico. I hope this means manufacturing is returning to the good old USA!!

Tom in TN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom,

This is really good news since it apparently represents a complete change of heart of GE's CEO, Jeffrey Immelt.

Two years ago he couldn't ship enough stuff overseas to satisfy himself.

I guess we'll see.

Tom in TN
GEs insatiable outsourcing

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I doubt it's a trend. Maybe taxpayer dollars to subsidize it?

Jason S.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some jobs are coming back because of quality control problems from other countries. Mahle is one of them that brought jobs back from Mexico because they were having too many problems with the quality of pistons they were getting from Mexico.

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

one reason may be that mexico is a very dangerous place to be these days especially around the boarder, gringos tend to go missing often i live within 200 miles of it and i wouldnt go there if they threw in ft knox on the deal , as i have mexican friends and white friends i get to hear the stories pretty often

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wish Irwin would bring the vise-grip back to Nebraska as the chinese made ones are nothing but junk.

Jim B. in OH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll second that. Irwin really screwed vise grips up.

George Marsh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There have been many people killed in Mexico with the drug lords at war. That may be a factor why some jobs are coming back.

As soon as the price of labor go up in Mexico and China, jobs will come back. I've heard some Chinese workers are demaning more benefits and wages. We need to send our labor organizers to China.

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I plan on writing them a letter thanking them for their fine work, not that it will do any good.

jeffcat
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In yesterdays paper it said something like 26,000 people..kids too.. have gone missing in mexico this past year. WOW

redtom
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was just something in the paper about how Mex is just like the US now. A growing manuf. powerhouse and a great place to live!

Pale Rider
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's right, wages in China have nearly doubled to $2 an hour!

ericlb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Jobs coming back? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lol red tom, well id be more than happy to let you come out and visit say el paso tx or nogalas az, spend the weekend or 3 days, you can see how nice it is, [ if your still alive], one you cross the boarder all bets are off, and with mexico,s gun laws you cant tote your pistol with you there either , another fine example of how good it works when you disarm the citizens

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.