Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to remove Gears out of GVI?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyote Green
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Someone want's to buy some gears out of the back end of my old GVI parts tractor,i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get them out?
He is wanting the Ring Gear and the Pinion gear cluster.
I got everything removed so i could get to it, now i just need to figure out how to get the gears out.
I got all of the bolts out of the ring gear, then i tried to get the bolts out on the other side, but the whole bolt is turning and there is no room for a wrench to back it.
Does anyone have any ideas how to get these out?
I added some pictures, maybe it will help???
Thanks

moresmoke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bull pinion housings need to come out (behind the
brakes). Then the whole diff assembly will come out
the top. The diff pinion is bolted in from the
trans side of the case.

The Iron Horseman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located and are you
interested in selling some more pieces? I
have one I am restoring I could use
some odds and ends e mail is open

Coyote Green
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, i will try today to get it out.

I tried to send "The Iron Horseman" a PM but it wouldn't work, if you are interested in parts send me a email at hereigoagain50@yahoo.com
Let me know what you need.
I am located in Burns KS
Thanks

Coyote Green
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Need more help, I got the bolts out from behind the brakes and i got the plates that the brakes mounted to off.
I then tried to slide out the shafts (that the brakes where mounted to) but they will only slide a inch or so until they hit the final drive gears and they will not go any further? Confused
If anyone has a diagram that would be great, i am at a standstill and more help would be great.
Thanks for any help and info Cool

jd plowboy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

can you email me about some parts u have thanks

Coyote Green
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If anyone needs parts just email me at hereigoagain50@yahoo.com
I don't know why but i can't send PM's ? so just give me a email
Thanks

J.Wondergem
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Coyote Green wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:57:06 12/02/12) Need more help, I got the bolts out from behind the brakes and i got the plates that the brakes mounted to off.
I then tried to slide out the shafts (that the brakes where mounted to) but they will only slide a inch or so until they hit the final drive gears and they will not go any further? Confused
If anyone has a diagram that would be great, i am at a standstill and more help would be great.
Thanks for any help and info Cool

Coyote Green, I think you have to pull the axle housings off first, then just slide the bull gears back a little. I'm not sure on that one, but I believe there are clips on the inside of the axles at the bull gear that have to come out, then you can slide the axles out, then move the bull gears back.

t.r.k.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the bull gears willhave to come off the axles and the axles will have to come out of the bull gears. Meaning you will have to pull both axle housings.
Then pull the bull pinion housings and lift the ring gear and carrier out. (Its heavy.)

Coyote Green
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: How to remove Gears out of GVI? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's not what i wanted to hear! you supposed to say "wiggle the gears a little and they will all slide out"! Well...... at least that's what i wanted to hear anyway LOL Wink
Thanks for the help, i will give it a try Cool

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.