Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lucas oil stabilizer in powershift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie7295
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: lucas oil stabilizer in powershift Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would like to get yours guys thoughts on putting two gallon of lucas in the hydralic oil on a 870 powershift.

JGarner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas oil stabilizer in powershift Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think Case TCH is a better choice.

Jim

dboll

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas oil stabilizer in powershift Reply to specific post Reply with quote

absolutely not

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas oil stabilizer in powershift Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TCH goes in a COM. HyTran goes in a power shift.

Moline_guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas oil stabilizer in powershift Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hytran only, best and safest trans oil out there and use it by itself. Paid 13.70/ gallon bulk the other day, seems way too high, but you just can't beat it for all season hydraulic and rear end oil.

NEKS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas oil stabilizer in powershift Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It could be one is not compatable with the other, then what would you have. Why would you not trust Hy-Trans or other major brands of hyd. oil to do the job it suppose too.

j hikemper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: lucas oil stabilizer in powershift Reply to specific post Reply with quote

as others state HY-Tran should do the power shiftall the good you need ,But i did not hurt my 1070 with a quart of tranny slip ,, When my 1070 was resurrected after sittiung some 8 yrs ,,I LATER LEARNED it Really had tranny adjustment problems ,,1st thingg i did was change all fluids ,tranny filters were ancient..put in new hy tran and a qt of Lucas Tranny Slip..It did help the stiff range shifter but i still could not get 1st and 3rd range easily ,sent the 1070 to the ihc dealer, they replaced the fork and made preliminary adjustments with the ranges ,and really tuned in the power shift perfect , But Again real problem was linkage adjustment..(Still tinkering with that ) and a cruded up shifter shaft,, WD 40 bath helped the range shaft a lot .had a cracked head, so ,thad at ruscha shipped me good one ,, put in new fuel injectors ,put qt lucas engine seal in crankcase,,stopped front and rear seal leak ,,put Lucas Fuel stabilizer in tank and a cup or 2 of sea foam in a full tank ,,.gollly there was alot of grime in there ,,filters were nasty every time i changed them , ..the 1070 is the best starting big Diesel on the place , i use lucas products in everthing i own proudly,BECAUSE IT WORX !

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.