Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

39 H vs...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Husker44A
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The front weights on the BIG JD outweigh the H !!!!!!. Also
the front tires on the new green FWA are bigger then the
letter series rear tires......cool tractors. Thanks for sharing.

tim s
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wonder how many H's you could buy for the price of that new Deere???

dan_41jdh
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Heh...

Well, that new big Deere probably has a list price somewhere around $200,000. And the "H" listed for a little less than $600 when new in 1939.

$600 in 1939 dollars is worth about $10,000 in 2012 dollars. So allowing for inflation, it would take about twenty 1939 "H's" to equal the value of the new Deere. The new Deere probably has about twenty times the horsepower of the "H", also. Not too many 1939 "H's" are worth $10,000 today, however...

kylew01
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

However, in another 70 years, that H could still be running strong, where the new girl would have long since bit the dust... With all the computerized and electrical components, there's no way that tractor would still be operational 70 years from now.

Ben.So.Tex
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With them old tractors slow steady in the field win the race. 70 years it will still be around with it's good sheet metal where the new one will be just a picture.
I still use my old girls (John Deere's) in the field. too fix them many times it take baling wire, screw driver and a pair of pliers.
My 2 Pennies

ISU JD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Love the pic, I love to snap a few like it too. Only 60 years difference in mine.

ISU JD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

opps forgot the pic

Ben.So.Tex.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The old ones are good, But the world would starve without the big one covering the groud to feed a hungry world.

pbb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In 70 years what are the chances of the new Deere still being around?What chances of finding parts for them?In 70 years the price of a tractor of the same size will be probally over a million dollars or more.I wont be around to see it. The little H stood the test of time and still will be around for years to come.

F-I-T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

pbb wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:09:52 12/04/12) ...The little H stood the test of time and still will be around for years to come.

...not if it's gonna try to pull that two bottom plow for too long...

kylew01
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

F-I-T wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:17:16 12/04/12)
pbb wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:09:52 12/04/12) ...The little H stood the test of time and still will be around for years to come.

The tractor with the plow is not an H...

F-I-T
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

kylew01 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:40:29 12/05/12)
F-I-T wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:17:16 12/04/12)
pbb wrote:

The tractor with the plow is not an H...

I know. Serves me right for looking at the picture on a too small phone screen.

ISU JD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 39 H vs... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1946 B and a 2006 7920

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.