Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Never saw this before....

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my way to Physical Therapy this morning (in the dark), I saw 2 Ready-Mix trucks backed up in a vacant lot after a pour.

When I came back by an hour later, the trucks were gone and I saw that they had been cleaning out the mixer and dumping the left-over concrete and water into plastic kiddie pools. Is this now required by EPA? Maybe just a local town ordinance?

They used to just dump the waste on a vacant lot and let someone else clean it up. Maybe the contractor makes them dump in the kiddie pools?

Dalet
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wonder if there are bodies in those pools? Laughing

Bob Huntress
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the kids were still in the kiddie pools when the cement was poured, it was a union job.

Keith Molden
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's an E.P.A. thing now. You can put concrete in the ground (like in footers) but you have to do wash outs in containers. doesn't make a lot os sense to me, but that's what is required. Here in W.V. on our jobsite we use bales of hay or straw with plastic liners till it becomes solid, then we can dispose of it. They say that the water is harmful. Just a little more expense for construction all the time. Just my thoughts, (and we wonder why everybody is moving overseas) Keith

timcasbolt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pretty sure there are more people moving in than out.

BIG RUH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There probably was if it was in the Chicago area

rabbit
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So that"s what happened to Jimmy Hoffa!

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like to make up 2x4 frame work and dump the left over in it to make concrete pads. These have came in handy for under several items and walkways. This is fine for the left overs but then you still need to wash everything up. Don't know if you can do that in our area anymore or not ? used to just run it onto the limestone driveway.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

EPA insanity is boundless.

Dean

jackinok
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

building a new building accross from ours,they had what looked like one of those one shot dumpster deals setup between four posts. labled truck washout or something of that nature.

Dick2
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was having lunch with my dealer that day in a restaurant less than a mile away from where they "grabbed" Jimmy. Didn't realize it until I saw the news the next morning.

Brian G. NY
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keith,
That water is harmful? How about all the $hit the gas companies are pumping into the ground in your neighbor state of Pennsylvania (soon to be NY)?
The concrete "rinsings" seem pretty harmless by comparison!!
The biggest of the corporations are running the country and that little requirement you have to deal with only justifies the existence of just one of our many guvment agencies that otherwise just "rolls over" on the real important issues!
JMHO

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Brian G. you are welcome to find another country that you like better. I have not seen any laws that say you have to stay here and whine. I am equally sure that there will be ten people from those contries wanting to come here to take your spot.

TomH in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The water used for hydraulic fracturing is just brine with a little wetting agent in it. No one has ever shown it to be the lest bit harmful.

tomtirediron
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Never saw this before.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Actually the washout can be discharged on site but it must go in a dry hole above the water table. The dried residue can then be buried- mixed in with other material ect. (considered inert)

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.