Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

88-880 wheatland gear

View previous topic :: View next topic  
6pack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: 88-880 wheatland gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the 12-47 or 11-48 usually in the standard and wheatlands? Was it a combine that had the 13-48? I think my row crop has a 10-47

ejr-IA.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: 88-880 wheatland gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 880 book shows 10/47 for row crop and wheatland.

6pack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 88-880 wheatland gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

that is what I am finding out, 10-47 in the row crop.... What is the ring gear for a standard 88?

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 88-880 wheatland gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They used several different ones depending on serial number. What size tires do you have and what speed do you want to have the rear wheels turning @ 1600 RPM? I know you probably going to be using a different RPM and also what size tires do you have? (1600 RPM lets me use my table).

B A Star
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 88-880 wheatland gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As John said, there are several different differential drive shafts and ring gears used in the 88, Super 88 & 880.
9/51 ratio is 5.66:1
10/47 ratio is 4.70:1
11/48 ratio is 4.36:1
12/47 ratiio is 3.91:1
13/48 ratio is 3.69:1

What is the model you are wanting to change IE: 88/Super88 or 880?  The last characters in the serial number will tell us what you have.  You want slow speed for pulling or high speed for tractor rides?  Not all of these will enterchange.

6pack
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: 88-880 wheatland gear Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an 88, set up for pulling 19.9x38 Firestone F151, in 3rd gear and 2100rpm I am right at 5mph or just below

Serial # 128983-C88F

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.