Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more mower pics and update?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The other post is getting as complecated as this machine. I tried to get the camera to focus on the bars and hooks, I hope this is what Mikey was interested in, and as far as Sam's idea of changing the link on the top link chain.... not now. this whole ring is tight as a drum. I thought I would just move it to where this pair will be stored for the winter... but the right round bar hits the cleats of the tire when raised for transport. I do have check chains, but they deal with the lower links... those bars don't care about the links, or the pins they 'were' sitting on last night, oh, and I took a crow bar and centered the top link bracket on the long pin, but as soon as I raise the lift, it slid over... I've heard of people who 'adapted'these to a simple 3 point hitch...and I now see why they did....

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony is it possible your troubles are coming from the fact that you have a High 40 and the mower would probably fit on a Utility 40 with no problem?

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony In your first pictures the middle link chain is not hooked to the eye on top frame. This may help keep mower back in place. My stabilizer arms are 41 inches. Didn't have time to take pictures today. I'll take picture tomorrow of my top link with chain in place.
Hope this helps.

Mickey

DanP
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony,
Time to buy more 40's......

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes Mikey, I am waiting for your pictures with bait breath- something like that. Without jacking the whole thing up from 2 places at once, the chain won't budge to another notch- if that's what you mean..
Richard, this one had 28" PA rims and short kingpins, but if you saw the horror show this was to fit on the short MF 135 last time, this is a walk in the park.
I am using elsewhere- an older set- cast steel sway bar brackets, but I remember them being no use at all hitching this on the 135. That was actually why I bought these 2 angle iron ones from TSC.
I think this wasn't 'modified' but if it was by someone else, it will be again!

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tony Hope these will help. I can attach to tractor this week end if you can't get yours to work. Could your stabilizer pins under axle be in wrong position since they look like a after market.Just a thought.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gosh Mikey, it looks just like mine before the coat of rustoleum. Nothing looks bent or reworked into a different shape, so mine must be OK. Oh those are - I explained this on the other post? The old cast sway bar hangers were miles off on the 135, so I bought these from TSC just for this mower- then took it back off and haven't hooked it up since, no need. But it 'could' stay on this 40, so I want to get it sorta right.
The other brackets are on other tractors, and it is sorta really cold and wet to crawl on the ground... but we'll see. I see you have a collection of can in your yard too- any Carling Black Label cans? I am due for one.
Please don't bother hitching it up, but pics of what's under your fenders would be nice- thanks for posting these!

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pictures of pins and bracket.

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pin should have been put in the other direction on old bracket. Your looking at back side. Must be sometimers, lol

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How about jusy dragging it behind the 23c, nobody could see it's not hooked up.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hum. My other set doesn't look like that anyway, so might as well leave them bolted to where they are. Such short pins for such a jiggley hook up affair, I still don't get it. I got to try something tomorrow if possible, lift the wigglebox with a loader or something and chain it to the left, to try to atleast not rub the tire, but this is a real rubick's cube to me. I need a video! If I come down to Texas, would you demonstrate this process for me? I'll bring frisky's and beer...for the cat's of course...

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Excellent idea 2. I like the way you think. You deserve a raise... you deserve one of these mowers!

marloweg

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i have not been reading your post but you missing some parts the arms under the tractor should have a tapered ball on each side and a threaded bolt to push the ball in to the arm kind a like you got started on. the dyna balance mower is a get mower but a real pain in the as- to mount

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You wouldn't have a picture of this would you? I noticed the hook is machined as if it was rubbing a sphere or ball on the 'inboard' side, which I thought was weird. One picture Mikey took shows this clearly. So my hunch was right? Sonething is still missing??? but we need pictures!!!
Thanks Marlow, good going!

marloweg

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: more mower pics and update? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry i have no photos.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.