Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Temperature Gauge / 861

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Bond
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Temperature Gauge / 861 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How long does it normally take for the temperature gauge to start moving after running the tractor? I put in a new gauge and sensor in block but even after running 10 minutes or so at 900 to 1000 rpm's, still no movement. Am I letting it run long enough? Now I'm wondering if there's a thermostat in it? Never checked. Coolant level is about 2" from neck of radiator.

ray hofstetter
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Temperature Gauge / 861 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It takes quite awile for my 860 to warm up, never runs hot.
I've got to work it hard to get temp half way....

NWMO 901 SOS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Temperature Gauge / 861 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom,

There are times with light work, that I don't see my temp guage move. But if I'm brush cutting, it will run 170-180. You might try to block the air flow on the radiator and see what happens, should come up then. Very Happy

Chris

Kurt-NEPA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Temperature Gauge / 861 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have a thermostat in place? When I got my 660 it would not heat up either. It was running without a T-stat. I put one in and now it comes up to temperature in about 5-10 minutes.

ROADMAN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Re: Temperature Gauge / 861 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put a new gauge on my 861 about a two weeks ago and never did get it to move. It was No. C3NN18287A from this site. While installing the loader, I broke the line going to the sending unit. Would like to get the universal one with the degree scale, part no. 1042944. Has anyone used this gauge and does it come with the adaptors to install on a 861? Also, as stated in the previous post, I never did get the nut tight to the head. It didn't leak but I never did get it hot enough to build up any pressure. I will try the suggestions on that post.

Clay

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.