Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ID JD plow

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: ID JD plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there an easy way to ID a JD 3pt plow? I've looked though a lot of website and I think it's an F35 or similar, but I'm not sure. It works fine in stubble but I'm having a heck of a time plowing sod. I'd like to get an op manual so I can make sure of all my adjustment options. I can't get it to trail straight like I want it to. I'm sure it's an adjustment that I'm doing incorrectly. And I'm in very, very heavy clay.

JohnS1970
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: ID JD plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you post a picture? Does it have trip standards? The first 3pts from the fifties had stiff standards. I think they were 411/412. The later models with trip standards were 812/813 and 415/416. I think the F35 and F45 came along in the sixties.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: ID JD plow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, it has the trip standards. Pics are difficult.

I got most of my plowing done, another hour or so to do yet. I ended up using the sway chains to get it to trail straighter. Not he right way I know, but you do what you gotta do. I'm pretty sure there's a simple adjustment to make that would fix my issues, I just don't know where to go next. I've tried the lever that alters the angle off the bottom 3 pt arm. Look at it, I'd think that would get rid of some of my horrendous side draft, but it just make it worse.

Trailer plows are lot's easier to figure out!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.