Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Knee

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The first new knee worked very well, and the other knee got very bad one day in Sept. so I got the second done. I went into the OR at 10:15 Monday and left at five today, (Tues.) on my own two feet, though I may need crutches for stairs. I recommend them highly

Winchester1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad you are getting around.
My Dr. had a knee replaced about a month ago, he is still working a reduced schedule but says it is getting better and better. His original knee was just worn out.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad had both knees replaced when he was 80. Tough old bird! Wasn't long and he was back golfing!!

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad it worked so well for you, hope you're running races in the near future.

Shetland Sheepdog
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Way to go Colin! Good luck with your new knee, and a speedy recovery!
Dave

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I've heard a lot more success stories about new knees than not. Jim

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good luck with the recovery.

I am going in January to have my shoulder cleaned up, guess that will take several weeks of downtime and therapy. I have been waiting for it to freeze up and log out some firewood for next year. May have to put that off.

huntingreen2day2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need to get both of mine replaced. Just dread it
and keep putting it off. Keep us posted.
raymond

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Speedy recovery to you.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

David G wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:07:37 12/04/12) Good luck with the recovery.

I am going in January to have my shoulder cleaned up, guess that will take several weeks of downtime and therapy. I have been waiting for it to freeze up and log out some firewood for next year. May have to put that off.

I had my Rt. shoulder repaired about 15 yrs ago following three separate traumatic events. It is now keeping me awake at night, so it is next on the list, perhaps late this winter. I had my left done about six years ago. They thought that all that was needed was to clean up some calcium deposits, but once they got in there they found that they needed to also repair a torn rotator cuff, and to remove a shredded tendon. I hope that all you need is the clean up, but if it is more you will be that much better.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

huntingreen2day2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:19:19 12/04/12) I need to get both of mine replaced. Just dread it
and keep putting it off. Keep us posted.
raymond

Both of mine were partial, which is a smaller job and quicker recovery than total, but even so if you are aggressive about your PT you will be back in service much quicker. I had a minor infection problem with the first, but it set me back only about three days, and I was able to do tractor work within about a week and a half. So call today about getting an appointment, and you should be able to get scheduled for Feb, and back in service in March.

chuck41
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, Is there any chance that your doctor is in
Minnesota? My brother needs a knee but is quite
apprehensive. Chuck

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am not looking forward to more surgery, but I would like to use that shoulder again. It feels like it is full of gravel.

HenryO)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had both knees and both shoulders replaced and would do it again in a flash. Especially the shoulders. I had so much pain before and nowadays I feel good without the shoulder pain

Organicfarmer1972
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: New Knee Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hunting green, I had one done this past May and the other in September.

Looking back I wish I had done both at once. Two recovery periods meant that much time away from work and being laid up, not to mention to long periods on pain meds ( which made me feel like crud).

Glad I did it but also glad it's over. Doctor just released me to work 2 days a week for now.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.