Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What was I even worried about?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: What was I even worried about? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last post I showed the broken manifold from my TO-35 which I am working on.
After mulling it over I decided to put it back on as it was and let the manifold line itself up then tighten it down off the tractor. It worked great. In fact before I even tightened up any of the nuts it held it's alignment perfectly and worked as one cohesive unit.
Once that was done I got the head back on and torqued, started cleaning up some other parts and slowly but surely it's going back together. I wish I could do a compression test now but because of a bad starter I can't. Now if only I could find the old starter from the 202 which worked but needed a drive and a nose cone...........I better not have thrown it away...........I keep everything tractor related just 'cause you never know.
In cleaning up some more parts of the engine block I noticed that whoever painted it last just went right over top of the accumulated grease...........must be some good paint 'cause it's still holding on!
Anyway.......without further ado, some pics from this evening.

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What was I even worried about? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey that looks like mine! Except mine's not in a nice warm garage....
I told ya to pretend it wasn't broken..ignore the obvious.... and it worked! Now if we can 'pretend' we paid the bills...

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What was I even worried about? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, she's pretty comfy in there........imagine the shock when she's all back together and I kick her outside to plow some snow?
I tried that pretending to pay the bills once............once......

Now the question is, to buy a new starter or send this one for rebuild. It has a tag on it from a rebuilder in Winnipeg. The tag has a number stamped on it so I wonder if they have a record of it. It would be interesting if they could tell me when they rebuilt it and who it was for. Actually the generator has a tag from the same company.

Last edited by Inno on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What was I even worried about? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The company is still around and they have an EXCELLENT cross reference tool for finding starters and generators/alternators for a huge selection of old equipment.
http://ws1.wilsonautoelectric.com/ec03/index.php

s19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: What was I even worried about? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

um......
isn't attaching the manifold to the head and then attaching the head to block cheating ???

Xwild
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: What was I even worried about? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

s19438 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:49:42 12/05/12) um......
isn't attaching the manifold to the head and then attaching the head to block cheating ???

I agree.. Guarantee there was nowheres near the proper amount of swearing going on while putting that all together...

Inno
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: What was I even worried about? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There was a bit of swearing when trying to fish the exhaust pipe through the steering arms and past the oil filter which I eventually removed. The pipe was attached because the bolts are rusted very tight and I didn't feel like breaking anything else. And with all that attached it makes it heavy enough to be a pain in the butt. So in a way it may be cheating but in another way I paid for it so it all evened out in the end. I do still have to remove a couple of nuts to put the heat shield in place.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.