Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Flag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herald P Ia

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We fly the flag, 24 7, always with a spot light on it. Question 1, the last four or five we have had, only last about 3 or 4 months.They used to last almost a year. Question 2, What company (in the US) makes the good old kind that we used to get? Harold

MrJDMan80
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the USA Flag Co. is just 15 mile from me here in MI. They make every kind if US glag you can think of. I like the 25'x40' myself. Now that's a big flag.
Tim
Untitled URL Link

Cold Beer
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have a VFW or American Legion nearby? The ones around here (Mi) sell a good quality flag. I will look tomorrow when I'm there and get a web site for you.

ohiojim
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

annin flag in coshocton ohio, get the sewed one, mine last about a year if flown 24/7

old popper
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I also fly "Old Glory" 24-7 with spotlight after dark. I buy my flags from an outfit called Carrot top industries. I'm sure they have a website. Before I am going to change my flag (normally change on Memorial Day each year) I lay the new one out flat and put some cheap super glue on the out end stitching. That keeps them from fraying on the end so soon. Good luck. I never get tired of seeing "my" flag flying proudly. ...Dale

pete black
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

flags are made of different materials for different reasons; how well they "fly" particularly when wet. cotton flies the best, dries the quickest and lasts the least. other material increases the life but "flies" differently. there are many USA companies the make quality flags, actually Lowe's sold and may still do a quality embroidered American flag that lasted for well over a year. i fly one 24/7 also. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Reminds me of during the Congressional inquiry into the Pueblo incident, that most of you are probably too young to remember, that a Congressman thought that he could put the commander under a negative light by asking why the US flag was not being flown on the vessel at the time. The commander's response was that it was not SOP for that area at that time of the year because the flags last only a day and a half, under those weather conditions.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for that info on super glue. We have two Harvestore silos with the flag panel, but one of the best gifts I ever got from the better half was a lighted flagpole, Father's Day a few years ago. US and POW flags. They fly 24/7, but tatter shortly. Interesting how they get wrapped around the pole, or between themselves, but ALWAYS, EVENTUALLY, straighten out. Sort of like our Country?

Tommy D6-8U
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: American Flag Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've bought some from 5 Star Flags and they seem to last well. Not sure of the web address but you can Google it. They have some well made poles and hardware too.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.