Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crossing canada border

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIGBADDEERE

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hope someone can help..just bought a 830 out of british columbia..what do i need to cross border.have tried to make many calls to border and keep getting passed off to someone else.

bill mart
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tractor must be clean, no dirt what so ever.not sure on the paperwork aspect. bill

LITTLE RED
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you can talk the canadian into bringing it to the U S side you could save yourself alot of trouble and paperwork

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If crossing the border remove any and all indications that you have ever owned or had firearms, alcohol or tobacco on your person or in your vehicle. Watch out for any bumper stickers etc that could offend some agents sensibilities.
It's usually cheaper and faster to hire a broker to bring the tractor across.

LITTLE RED
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You also need a passport to enter cannada

LJD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Canadian border-crossing website has all the info and many of the forms can be downloaded.

I'm banned from Canada forever now - but up to a few years ago I brought equipment out to the USA several times.

The Canadian government wants me to buy a "subscription" to visit Canada. Wanted around $1000 last I checked for some sort of "waiver." That because of a few bar fights I got in ca. late 1960s. Isn't information technology wonderful now adays? If I'd been arrested 20 years later I'd be allowed in Canada. But because I was arrested before computers existed, and my records are either lost -or buried in old microfilm somewhere - all the Kanuks know is that once upon a time I was arrested for something. Therefore they want $1000 from me to cross the border. I live in New York and northern Michigan and cutting through Canada is the shortest route back and forth. So now we take NY to PA to OH to MI and heck with Canada.

Bob M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Little Red wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:49:59 12/05/12) You also need a passport to enter canada

Not so!

Having a passport simplifies and speeds any border crossing. However acceptable substitutes include an "enhanced" drivers license or a US Passport Card.

Incidentally a passport card is quicker/cheaper to obtain than a passport. But it but works only the between US/Canada/Mexico.

9630T

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The best way we do it is have a reputable trucking firm in canada bring it across the people we have used lately do the paperwork for us as we have a good us broker everything is preapproved so when the truck shows up at border they are either waived accross or go in and show paperwork and roll on out sometimes the trucking company wants us to do the paperwork we do it all thru our broker on the computer,,we have had no trouble broker fees run about 150 a tractor but it does vary on tractor value, the tractor should be cleaned up and 9 times out of ten they will xray it if there is fluid in the tires you can almost bet they will check them and either get a face full of calcium if they are a rookie or make a mess on the truck usually the old valve cores keep leaking so we deal with that as soon as they get here. they can not get it thru their heads its calcium and not meth or cocaine ticks me off

buickanddeere
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like an invitation to park the tractor with the valve stems at 6 o'clock and air the tire up to max rated pressure.

Old Bob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We drove into Canada last year thru Minnesota, it was more difficult to get back in the US than it was to get in to Canada. We had passports also.

David Snipes

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I brought a baler and a bale wagon into Washington from B.C. last year. I got into Canada with just a driver's license and got back out with just a driver's license. All I needed for the equipment was a receipt and they charged me a small fee for the equipment - just a few dollars. When I came back later with the second piece of equipment, I told them it was from the same purchase and they waived the small fee.

I discussed the lack of a passport with one of the US agents before going into Canada. He said if you are a US citizen you will always be able to reenter. He said the passport speeds entry up and without it, they may take you inside for some questioning. They never questioned me.

Bob Harvey
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: crossing canada border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We are pretty nice folks in Canada, however, there is some legislation afoot that will REQUIRE all enterees to have a passport or a special endorsement on you D.L.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.