Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behlen power assist steering pics....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MEANJDK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Behlen power assist steering pics.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for some pics of a Behlen mounted on a late JD "B".
I have this one which came off an "A", but the mount doesnt fit anywhere on a "B".
If someone has a pics of a Behlen, could you please email, or post a pic here.
I would really like a couple close ups of how the tank is mounted up, which is the biggest problem I'm having. Thanks.

M w J
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Behlen power assist steering pics.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 1 on a G I know that if there is room just ahead of the steering post that is where it should go. The u bolt bracket will most likely have to be modified to fit. most if not all of the weight is carried by the steering post. Mine on the G has a small angle iron on each side about 8 in long that hang down and a little to the back with a U bolt that clamps to the steering post This bracket keeps the steering motor from trying to turn.

MEANJDK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Behlen power assist steering pics.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks.
The mount that I show here fits the right side of the crank cover on my A, which has a lot more room than the B.
I just dont know how/where to mount it up on the B. Guessing I need a different tank mount.

M w J
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Behlen power assist steering pics.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here's a picture of the power steering on a G

M w J
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Behlen power assist steering pics.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a pic of the tank those brackets may have to be modified to fit the tank in about this location.

M w J
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Behlen power assist steering pics.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a pic of the tank those brackets may have to be modified to fit the tank in about this location.

MEANJDK
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Behlen power assist steering pics.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

M w J,
Thanks for the pic.
I hope someone else comes up with a pic of how the tank mounts on my late B. Theres not much room as there is on your G.

Badger bob
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Behlen power assist steering pics.... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

check the arcives. i have one on my 51 A and there was a guy that needed a pichuer of it and i put in on this post. that,s a year or so. i dont have the camera hear to take a pichuer of it . hope that this helps. Bob

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.