Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT; Maybe

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was wondering if any one has found a shell casing on his tractor floor? Was wondering why 300 winchester mag casings cost so much. Could be a lot of the casings are lost or hoarded. We have to wait till Jan 2013 to get our order sent. I have had my Remington 300 winchester mag since 1970 and the cost of new ammo wasn't so expensive. Now the cost is over a $2,00 per round.wondering why such a jump. we re-load ours now. Just curious. LOU.
PS. at least it's not as bad as a 500 S&W or 50 BGM.

Winchester1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My guess it is demand driven. Gun stores around here can't keep ammo in stock. What they do have normally has a limit of 10 boxes.

wisbaker
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Supply and demand and some folks are worried that impending regulations, laws and treaties might make it illegal for us to acquire ammunition or firearms. It's our government they somehow think they can improve the behavior of some individuals that have demonstrated they aren't real concerned about following laws (thou shall nor kill, rob, rape, deal in drugs and make crystal meth) by passing more laws. And we're the idiots that keep re-electing them.

Richard from SE AZ
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here in SE AZ, 22 in bulk packs is hard to find. I bought 2 grandsons a Henry 22 lever action but could only find ammo in 50 rnd boxes and not much of that. Guess there are alot of people like me that cause the shortages. I buy 22 ammo just about everytime I get to town. When kids or grandkids come visit and want to shoot, we have all the ammo they care to burn up. So, I guess they get some of my stash.

GeneMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you Bill Clinton. Because of him, I bought enough reloading components in 1994 to last me a lifetime. And my shooting has slowed down to where I dont shoot that much either.

Do you need some extra .300 Win mag empties?

I think I have a box or two around, and I dont own one.

Gene

GeneMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry, I was wrong, just looked and they are .300 Weatherby Magnum, and not empty, but loaded cartridges. They look to be reloads, but I still have no gun that shoots them.

Gene

kruser
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

SORRY Lou - Might be mine

AFTER taking a CHEAP SHOT at Larry and Allan!

Just saying................

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

KRUSER, ACTUALLY you truly are a sorry one. IT WAS MY SHELL CASING THAT FELL OUT OF MY TOOL BOX I TURNED OVER ON THE FLOOR OF MY 706. It wasn't a cheap shot, ONLY THE TRUTH. LOU.

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GeneMO,Thanks for the reply and offer, you started reloading about the same time we did.The shell we found came out of the 706 tool box that we used to punch holes in gasket material.Forgot I even put it in there,til I discovered it about 2 weeks ago,when I was changing the coil.
Regards, LOU

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Richard from SE AZ, I used to buy the 300 when it was $8.95 for a twenty round box.It went (here)up to a 39.99 per box,when they get it in, loaded ammo.
Gene and Brownies dealership, in Anderson,Ind. I used to fire it at the gun barn, they used to collect the spent brass,and I didn't reload at that time.
Bricks of 22's around here are still plentyful though,just seems the bigger calibers are getting harder to find.
Regards, LOU

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wisbaker,
I sure hope that doesn't come to pass.We need all of our rights,definately not to be picked off one at a time (our rights).They can make up more laws and only the honest people will abide by them,making them easier targets for the others in leadership to remove.Thanks for the reply,
LOU

Lou from Wi.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Winchester1,
That sounds about right, I hope that's the way it is.I can't remember ever having this much trouble finding brass,ever.The waiting list goes up into January,so we'll wait on our order.At least we have the other components on hand.
Regards, LOU

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lou I can buy 50cal rounds for $1.79 each as of right now an would if I had something that would fire them. Ya limited number of them and may still buy them just so I have them in case I find a 50 cal ot maybe make a one time big bang gun LOL

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kruser, I think some reading between the lines is in order. Lou must have missed...

MarkB_MI
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Re: OT; Maybe Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He can pull the bullets and run the cases through a .300 Win Mag sizer. Presto-chango! "Instant" 300 Winchester Mag casings. He can even reuse the powder and bullets. He'll need to trim the cases after resizing them.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.