Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IH 574 pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IAtractorKid
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went and looked at it this morning. Gas smelled old, oil looked good. Didnt see anything in the radiator but it looked good. All tires up, all sheet metal except grill is there. It turns over but battery was really weak. None of the lights or gauges worked. What do you think?

IAtractorKid
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Air cleaner is missing.

earlschieb
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I, would be interested in it myself, looks like lots of issues though. That loader frame is trash, and can not be trusted, so the loader don't add much value to it. That $1500 you said was still a good deal possibly, why doesn't it run and drive?

Janicholson
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The loader frame could be repaired for ~200$ by cutting out the bulged metal, and fish plating 3/8 plate over the cutout places after putting it straight. I like it for the price in every way. Jim

todd hamilton

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we had one, it didn't ride, shift, or run better than the 300U it replaced, steered better only because of the power steering, puky little junk pos in my opinion. 460U if you can find one is a much better tractor, another farmer I worked for had one and pulled corn planter with it. I don't think a 574 could pull the hat off of your head.

K-1 Krusher
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where is the air cleaner? Was it run without it?

MisterT
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I would leave it right where you found it unless you can buy it for scrap price.

IAtractorKid
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys. My dad and our local welder said basically the same. Im walking away since they wont sell for scrap price.

Owner was looking online for air cleaner parts and saw what running ones sell for; he wants $2500 now!

steve alderman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2500 looks a steep going to need one rear tire soon make sure you here it run and watch for smoke or any motor noise offer 1700 and work way up

mstas

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: IH 574 pics Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey tractor kid, I bought a 574 gas about 3 years ago that looked about like that 1 without the loader.Had less than 2600 original hrs.Needed rear tires,paint and other minor work.I gave $500.00 for it. Found a Great Bend 330 loader that was like new for $1500.00.Found a pair of good used rear tires chaap. Have less than $3500.00 in it now. $2500.00 is way too much.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.