Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
641Dave
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm starting to move sandy loam up from the pond to where I'm going to pour a slab for my workshop. I was introduced to what dirt pan/ scraper was by looking up some old post on here.

I'm wondering how realistic it is to hope to find something like the overland scraper or something similar to pull behind my 641 for a fair/cheap price?

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If that's a 641 Ford I don't know if they make one small enough for that tractor to effectively use. Lot of those in our area and the smallest ones I've seen would need a good 80-100 HP tractor. Good luck.

Rick

David from Kansas
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 10' Speed Mover that I pull with my 4020 and it is an excellent combo in my opinion. I had a pole shed put up a couple of years ago and used it to level the site (had a transit available) and when I finished there was no more than 1" difference in elevation anywhere on the site. But, not knowing how far you have to move the dirt, not sure a speed mover would work very well. I don't think your 641 would handle anything bigger than maybe a 6'.

David G
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That takes a lot of HP.

Jeff-oh
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It aint in east Texas but there is one in the photo ads for $650.
Overland scraper ad

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why would the scraper in that ad need a 3 point hitch? It shows 2 wheels in the rear and ONE pole out front for a hitch point.

Harold H
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On the pan shown, the three point drawbar controls the digging depth and the hydraulics provide the dumping.

Harold H

Richard G.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I pulled one just like that with an LA Case and a 4 wheeled version like that with a late model A JD.
Built this dam and pond with the A. And this is red clay soil.
Richard in NW SC

jhill52

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Find a good 3 pt rear scoop. You can move a lot of dirt in a little time.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this is my "little" scraper, I pull it with several different tractors this Case 530 (41hp) handle's it very well it was built in California I haven't seen many of them but are good little units,, cnt

uncle henry
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i live in east texas haven't seen one but water and
pack that sand good or it will wash out from under
your pad

Keith Williams
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dave,
I use a bucket behind my 1964 Ford 4000.
Works great!
Keith

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have that same Ford scoop.
They are pretty handy.
I used to have a Dearborn scoop behind my 2N and moved a lot of dirt with it.
The later scoops are reversable which makes them more versatile.

37chief
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is smomething called a fresno, or tumble bug, or even a rotary scraper. When it is pulled it fills with dirt, then dumped. For the price of scrap metal I have one if you want to drive to California. Stan

Don-Wi
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: OT-Anyone seen a dirt pan laying around East Texas? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could borrow my son's- he got it in August so it's like new. Takes a pretty big tractor to pull it though- he needs an Oliver 1950-T on it to pull it through the living room carpet... That's some pretty tuff stuff to dig...

Donovan from Wisconsin

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.