Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HC F- 40-LPG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: HC F- 40-LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got the wheels on yesterday and started up this morning and drove it out of paint booth.Transmission and power lift checked OK, since I had not driven this tractor, had a bad engine when I bought it.Hope to get hood, fenders etc painted today. Everything is sanded and ready to paint.I think it will be ready for Santa to put under our tree.LOL

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: HC F- 40-LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, the tires are worth more than the tractor! Impressive aren't they? Is this the one you were concidering parting out? I can't wait to see the LPG tank on there. Might look like a off color mini mo. Nice paint, what are you using? Keep up the good work!

2tractors
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HC F- 40-LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those tires with the armor-all stole the show and all I got is weather cracks.

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HC F- 40-LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice collection you are getting there Micky, Looks real good to me, why even Tony thinks it's good and he is colourblind!!!!!!!!. Though the way he is asking about the paint type I think he just might have found a cure!
Surely the LPG F-40 is a very rare beast?
Sam

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: HC F- 40-LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use Nason Urethane 2K paint. The pervious owner had painted tractor red(like all others)and had painted 1/2 side walls of tires red. I couldn't get it off, so I painted them with black paint since new tire are so high.Don't know if paint will stay on.If we make it to Ohio Fena Show next year I'll bring it.

John(UK)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: HC F- 40-LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wonderful paint job, will look great when completed. Just one thing, the check chains are attached to the wrong hole in the Anchor brackets, as they are fitted they will prevent the 3 point lifting fully and the safety valve will keep blowing It may be that the hydraulic Lever stop bolts will need re-setting to prevent it lifting too high. If you need this info, email me and I can send you the info and the pictures...John(UK)...fergusontractors@hotmail.com

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.