Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

for Tx Jim again about 2355n

View previous topic :: View next topic  
luapp
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: for Tx Jim again about 2355n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i check priorty valve looked fine. trans is a little over full but when you stat it dip stick dont read at all. it just acts like the hyd pump isnt getten enouff oil. the line that goes to little tank up front feels like you can feel it vibraiting or surging now what. thanks for all the help.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: for Tx Jim again about 2355n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you ever check stand-by pressure? Pressure should be 2250 psi.Did you ever check hyd oil with engine running?? Hyd oil full mark is with engine running dipstick nut resting on top of threads. Have you tried the hyd functions with ind pto lever in the on & off positions??

luapp
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: for Tx Jim again about 2355n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

put a gage in remote when i move valve gage bounces around 2000. the manual i have sayes to check trans oil with engin off. it has the dipstick in back by pto it has red plastic knob that sticks in tube. when you start tractor oil goes down fast and then dont read at all on dipstick. so i guss trans pump is worken. the pto and steering are all that work when warm. pto has no effect on anything. when you steer it it turns easy but if tou try and turn fast can feel a slight pulsing but still turns easy. it just seems like hyd pump is starven for oil thanks

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: for Tx Jim again about 2355n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

luapp wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:12:32 12/07/12) put a gage in remote when i move valve gage bounces around 2000. the manual i have sayes to check trans oil with engin off.

I would nudge the standby pressure up to 2250 psi. I guess JD engineers changed their mind on the hyd oil level because on the older utilities operators manual stated to check hyd oil with engine running.

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: for Tx Jim again about 2355n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The manual for my 2350 says ck w/engine running. Same basic tractor.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: for Tx Jim again about 2355n Reply to specific post Reply with quote

55deere70 wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:43:36 12/08/12) The manual for my 2350 says ck w/engine running. Same basic tractor.

Thanks for the update. I was fairly sure I was correct on "check with engine running" but with this "OLDTIMERS" I never know if I'm right or wrong. Laughing I think the 55 series utility hyd oil check will be with engine running.

Last edited by Tx Jim on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.