Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harvest Finished

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Harvest Finished Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I finished up last night,delivered the last load this morning.Possibly the most uneventful/least stressful/smoothest harvest ever(no breakdowns!).The 'new'95 performed flawlessly.Plenty of power,good fuel economy,clean sample....Yeilds were off a little because of the 'drought',but still acceptable.Moisture was the lowest/soonest ever(10-12%)Its a good feeling...!Steve

gbs
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Finished Reply to specific post Reply with quote

same here finished little after dark started to mist rain but didn't keep us from finishing,i hauled a load of beans to the market earlier today and asked the operator if corn would see 8 dollars again because of the drought in the corn belt he said not likely as the yield was only off about 12% is his information correct.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Finished Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yikes! Could you have gotten rid of it sooner? I assume they'll take it up to 15.5? I'm surprised the kernels didn't get brittle. I know the mill guys here don't like grinding or cracking really dry corn, because they get dust.

old harv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Finished Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, That"s what I have read a few times, that North America"s corn yield was only down 12% due to the drought. Some people got wiped out but many had amazing yields to make up the difference.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Finished Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those old Deeres like yours are pretty darned easy to be made dependable. I had the 105 in the shop during the winter several times to freshen it up over the 19 years I used it. For the last maybe 12 years or so I rarely broke down running 600 acres a year through it. That old 635 corn head was another story. A stick of dynamite would have cured all of it's problems. Jim

kd densch

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Finished Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That guy probaly dont know about the grain market any more than the next guy where we are at corn is right at $8 dollars.

BANDITFARMER
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Harvest Finished Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve I am glad to hear that it went so smooth for you this year. Like you my 95 didnt give me any problems this year, I did find a bearing out after the beans were done and switching over to corn so no big deal. Its a good fealing to be done and a better fealing to be done with no problems at all with the job she did for you. Bandit

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.