Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil bath air breathers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry O
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did I read on here a while back that someone sells the wire mesh for inside the 2N breather?
Second question is there a gasket/seal between the top and the body of the breather
Thanks Larry O

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure this site sells the wire mesh; I know Just8N's does.

There is a cork gasket between the cup & breather canister.

75 Tips

Larry O
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Bruce for the quick reply
that answers the part about the bottom one what about the top part on a through the hood 2N I guess it is the same ?

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't help you w/ the through the hood part.....8N's didn't have that option.

Harold or Chris or one of the other guys w/ 2 or 9N's will be along shortly w/ that answer.

Larry O
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I read the topic I thought you were another of those who thought they would improve on Henry and add a paper filter or some such.
Looks like Bruce has you covered.
Good luck.

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Until now I never knew there was supposed to be a cork gasket between the cup and canister. I guess you learn something everyday! Seems to fit pretty tight without one.

Larry O
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No I'm with you I like the oil it is just that mine needs a little TLC The insides are trash and the top rattles

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Larry O wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:10:27 12/08/12) Thanks Bruce for the quick reply
that answers the part about the bottom one what about the top part on a through the hood 2N I guess it is the same ?

Larry, I wish I had a definitive answer for you, but I don't.
Here's what I do have:
The through the hood air breather was a dealer installed option.
I have two of them, and my two are not the same.
One doesn't come apart at all on the top of the air breather, so no
place to put a gasket on that one.
The other one is held on with a metal band type hose clamp and
tapered metal to metal contact. No ridge to hold a gasket.
Maybe some did, some obviously did not.
Does yours have a place for a gasket or fit loose enough to put one in?

Larry O
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Oil bath air breathers Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse
Mine is held on with a metal hat band and thumb screw like some of the lower cans there doesnít seem to be a place for a gasket or seal but it is loose enough to very, very slowly rotate above half throttle maybe I have the wrong clamp
Thanks
Larry

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.