Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Hydraulic hoses

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudcreek183
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My daughter went into O'Reillys for a couple of 4 foot hoses yesterday the place that makes them for most of the time is closed for a week or so for vacation family run they charged her $35 a hose nothing fancy just half inch male ends it seem quite a bit high to me what do you all think then they acted like they were doing her a favor to make them.

Phil Tibbetts
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TSC has a good selection of hoses premade.

LeakyBoot
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I know I need them ahead--Sloan Express. 4 ft hose would be 10 to 11 dollars.

WGWKy2

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not surprised hoses are going up faster than I can write a check for them. 8 ft hose in sept. was $38 same hose in Nov. $63, hmmm too espensive to farm anymore.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You got that last sentence right. Cost me $163 for an inch and seven sixteenths bearing last month.The lock collar didn't even come with it. Haven't found a bag of seed corn for next year yet for under $200. This stuff's really wearing on me.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is about the going rate. I have a hose machine here. I charge $10 for the simple ends and 1/2 two wire hose is right at $5 per foot. So if I had made them the cost would have been: 4 x $5 = $20 plus 2 x $10 = $20 for total of $40.

So they where not out of line. The cost of all supplies is sky rocketing and I don't think we have seen anything yet. The government debt is going to eventually cause inflation that the Feds can't hide. Then high energy cost will help finish of the economy. I am afraid tough time are in our future.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ARe they still the crappy Chinese-made ones? I've had problems with those in the past, won't use them again.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes having a hose made will cost you twice what a premade hose will. In my area O'Reilly's is the cheapest place to get a hose made then if you want to get raped you go to one of the fastener places. Most of the time I go to the local farm and home place and buy pre-made

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Always been that way. Back in the 70s when the Ford dealer here got the first crimper I ever saw,they had them up front premade for half what they soaked you to make one out in the shop.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That sounds right to me. I keep hose repair kits on hand, to get me out of a jam. I keep saying that I am going to list out some of my more used hoses and buy spares at TSC. The situation does show you that you need to be watching for wear points and damage.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep it is called paying for the labor to make them so they have to charge more

RodinNS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About right to mabey a bit cheap if you got good quality hose. If you got the one wire Dayco crap... not so much. You're going to pay if you got better Parket/Gates hose.

Rod

rufus80
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a little high but to be expected from auto parts places.
Here in my repair shop a 4' 1/2" hose with 1/2" male pipe
ends would be around $26-28. I use only Weatherhead hose
and fittings.

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are 100% right about that. I will not buy hose or roller chain from China it is junk and a safty issue as well,who wants a loader hose blowing with a full bucket?

Stick welding

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic hoses Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The thing to remember with hyd. hose is that it has
a shelf life. Who knows how long it's been sitting
on a shelf. Going to a popular hose shop that makes
up your hoses usually gives a fairly new hose
instead of one that's been on the shelf for 2 years
or more.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters