Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

8-N ready for snow.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a picture i made today of the 8-N getting ready for some snow. I know the box scraper is not the best thing for snow but i had just scraped a farm road so i will leave it on. It was however 70 here in Southwest Virginia today and i saw buds on trees so who knows whats going to happen.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rub it in with that 70 degree weather why don't cha! Laughing
Nice looking tractor. Love the pie weights.
Looks like you may have front tire weights too?
High of about 32 here today, and maybe an inch or two of snow.
No need to break out a tractor. Dang it! Wink

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dog,
Good looking combo I'd say. Use what ya got...
We got hammered today.
10 or so inches and kind of sticky as it stayed in the trees and power lines.
I used the back blade at 8:30 this morning on about four inches but we got another 5 or 6" after that throughout the day.
Supposed to be cold tonight - about 17 that'll make it stick to the roads for sure.
I just ran it without chains today.
Might have to install them in the morning to be effective tho.
Royse, I heard from a friend in MT today and they had 3 days of snow and weather. Cleared up there today.
Now we got it.
I'd say you all in MI are next.

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If its all the same to you Jerry, ya'll can keep it over there! LOL
I've got the chains on, and the heat hausers, but I'm not really looking
forward to having to use them. At least not for that purpose!
Although, I'd take that over the freezing rain we got tonight!

Last edited by Royse on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Athrawn17
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup, got hammered good! Here is a video of the first push around noon. Had to run again around 5pm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKNius8zjPM&feature=youtu.be

ephhs
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

01birddog, Where in Southwest Virginia do you
live?

Scott(Ks.)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I really like those wheel weights, looks like you're ready. I just had a box blade for several years, it's a little awkward, but it beats a shovel. Very Happy

01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ephhs wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:34:42 12/09/12) 01birddog, Where in Southwest Virginia do you
live?
I live in Abingdon, just up from Bristol on I-81. Come see me.

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We got about 10" this weekend and not a one of my 3 Ns here in town are running yet. So...got to do a lot of shoveling this morning.

I hope you get a little snow to play in! Looks like you're all set :-)

Colin, MN

DanP
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 8-N ready for snow. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I also use a box blade. I scrap the drive, when full I lift the blade. Then back over pile and scoop it up with my FEL. Works pretty good, specially if you have just a few inches or to do clean up.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.