Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pipe plows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What are the semi-mount pipe plows worth? I see one in photo ads, 5-16's with 3 new bottoms. I've seen the 565's anywhere from $250-1500 for a 5-16. How hard are they to find?

MINNMO
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PIPE PLOWS ARE GETTING VERY HARD TO FIND , I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY AROUND HERE IN 10 YEARS ,ITS WORTH WHAT EVER SOMEBODYS FOR IT , HOW BAD DO YOU WANT

jordan hackman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we have two pipe plows but they are pull types not semi-mounts. i will admit that these plows are not as common as they use to be, heck i never knew they existed until four years ago. if you want a plow in the not common department that semi-mount pipe plow is the way to go. a 565 or any others like it can be found everywhere.

J. Schwiebert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There were 2 versions of those plows. They were the first steerable semimounted plow by anyone. They were new when the 18/1900 tractors were new in the summer of 1960.

johns
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We bought a 5540 5-16s pipe plow new in the early 60s. Back then Oliver sold more plows than all the other manufactureres put together, and I can see why. Even today in heavy trash these plows work very well. The only drawback is they didn"t offer auto-reset back then, but if you don"t have a bunch of rocks its not a big deal. As mentioned I would buy it, many of them have been cut up for scrap because they are heavy. Ours has lasted thru four tractors-1800,1850,2-105 and currently our 1950GM and it still does an excellent job.

Adam Suess
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is one on the Mankato, mn craigslist. Looks
good in the photo. But doesn't have spring cushion
coulters. Maybe they never did? We have the same
plow less the coulters in the grove. I've been
planning to get it out to go with my 1800A.
Doesn't seem to be many around. On land 568's or
Oliver plow subsoiler attachments either. I've
been looking for years.

http://mankato.craigslist.org/grd/3441957345.html

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello there,

Not to change subject, but I believe that in an early reply to me, regarding some Fox wheels, you had mentioned a Gehl SP lurking in the weeds around a farm down by you. Do you happen to know if it is still hanging around?

Thank you for your time.

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RedRoundhead wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:40:03 12/11/12) Hello there,

Not to change subject, but I believe that in an early reply to me, regarding some Fox wheels, you had mentioned a Gehl SP lurking in the weeds around a farm down by you. Do you happen to know if it is still hanging around?

Thank you for your time.

Should be there, let me find out. I have a drive rim from it at home if that helps.

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, i appreciate it!

I am looking to find a whole Gehl SP, at some point. I missed out on one about 5 years ago, and I wish I had not. I am just starting to look, and feel around for one. I am really looking for the ones with the drive wheels in the rear, the older ones.

I found some wheeels for my Fox. I actually went down to Cobb, WI, and picked up an enire gas Fox SPF machine; it had the narrow wheels on it. I used it chop soybean straw this year. Worked well.

Thanks for your help.

Oliver Diesel Posse
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am looking for a 2 bottom add on for a pull type pipe plow. 4440 or 4441

DEAN ZINGRE
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: pipe plows Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oliver Diesel Posse - I think I can probably fix you right up !!!!!!!! E-mail or give me a call. cell 815/499/8708 before 3 p.m.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.