Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2120 injector removel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justin nh
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: 2120 injector removel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i am in the process of fixing the cracked block on my 98 New Holland 2120, and on my down time i am cleaning all the parts and can't figure out how to get the injectors out...does anyone have any tips to get them out?
thank you

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2120 injector removel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just to be clear, there were 3 different tractors with a 2120 designation.

1. The 1963-1964 4 cylinder 2000 series with the general purpose utility chassis and adjustable front axle was called a 2120.

2. The 1965-1975 3 cylinder 2000 series with the highway chassis was also called a 2120.

3. The 1987-2000 Japanese 4 cylinder tractor made by Shibauru for Ford was also called a 2120.

For number 1 above, remove the 2 bolts holding the injector to the head and pry off gently using a cat's paw.

For number 2 above, remove the single bolt holding the injector to the head and pry off gently using a cat's paw.

For number 3 above, I'm not sure. I can't tell from the on line parts drawings just exactly how they're held in. It almost looks like they might screw into the head like a spark plug, but that would just be a guess on my part. Hopefully someone else will jump in that knows more about those later Japanese tractors.

lfc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2120 injector removel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"m working on a Shibaura 2120. This one has two nuts holding a clamp down across the injector, but the shop manual shows another design with one bolt holding a clamp. Once the clamp is removed, the injector should pull/wiggle out.

justin nh
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 2120 injector removel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick replies I was able to get them out and there was just a lot if dirt built up so they didn"t want to
move at first

Thanks again

Bern
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 2120 injector removel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

2 bolts hold in option #2, and they don't always come out with a cat's paw.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2120 injector removel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm wondering if the LCG or Hiway models you are referring to - built from 65 to 75 weren't a 2110 or 4110 and not a 2120.
The 4 cyl Prior road side trators were called a 2000 lcg.

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: 2120 injector removel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ultradog MN wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:18:16 12/10/12) I'm wondering if the LCG or Hiway models you are referring to - built from 65 to 75 weren't a 2110 or 4110 and not a 2120.
The 4 cyl Prior road side trators were called a 2000 lcg.

See the Springfield.biz explanation of '65-'75 model number codes here:

http://www.springfieldbiz.com/oaktree/codes_short2.html

The '65-'75 Low Center of Gravity was the 2110, as designated by the "11" in the second and third character places in the model number, but there was a separate "Highway" chassis designator, which was a "12" in the second and third characters of the model number, hence the "2120" model designation.

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: 2120 injector removel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sean in PA wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:16:07 12/10/12) Just to be clear, there were 3 different tractors with a 2120 designation.

1. The 1963-1964 4 cylinder 2000 series with the general purpose utility chassis and adjustable front axle was called a 2120.

2. The 1965-1975 3 cylinder 2000 series with the highway chassis was also called a 2120.

3. The 1987-2000 Japanese 4 cylinder tractor made by Shibauru for Ford was also called a 2120.

For number 1 above, remove the 2 bolts holding the injector to the head and pry off gently using a cat's paw.

For number 2 above, remove the single bolt holding the injector to the head and pry off gently using a cat's paw.

For number 3 above, I'm not sure. I can't tell from the on line parts drawings just exactly how they're held in. It almost looks like they might screw into the head like a spark plug, but that would just be a guess on my part. Hopefully someone else will jump in that knows more about those later Japanese tractors.

Why all this? Didn't the OP state right off that he had a 98 NH 2120? Rolling Eyes

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: 2120 injector removel Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Man, I totally missed that it was a 98 when I read his post. I've got to go to remedial comprehensive reading class. Last time I had that was 7th grade. Very Happy

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.