Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill Newlon G1000/Allison

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triple L Paints
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guys, I am searching for information, pictures, etc of the late Bill Newlon from Prophetstown, IL's G1000 Moline with the Allison 1710 V12 Engine. Any help will be great! Especially pictures! Please email me if you can help!

Captainhookerus
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is what it looked like when I saw it Feb 2009.

Triple L Paints
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup thats what it looked like Saturday too. I need pics of what it looked like in its glory days. Hint, its not sitting there anymore...

gregger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

didnt find any pics but run across nice story at RedPowerMagazine -- hope this helps -- oops did find some pis -- google billnewlon

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"G" I wonder where it went....that's the 1000 dollar question...(lol)

Triple L Paints
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, LOL

Triple L Paints
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, I've googled until the ends of the earth and havent come up with anything. He had a Vista with a 800 at one time, found pics of that, none of the Row crop G1000 though

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL...someone else has seen Monty Python!! Hee hee

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am going to make a few calls about Bill . I know a guy that was involved in building Bills pulling tractors . It will take a little bit to track him down . I am old enuff that I do remember him and his different pulling tractors. Those were the good old days ??
I wish I had taken pictures , but did not bother doing that. A bummer ! clint

mightymolinekid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"Say no more, say no more! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat"

nothing but yellow
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a picture I have

Alan K
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

...and now for something completely different.. (ahh british humor...)

zeebad1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now we're gettin' somewhere!!!! This is a GREAT picture!!!

Thanks for posting!! Looking forward to more of these!!

ryan hopkes

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

to bad it ended up as a pile of metal :/

DEAN ZINGRE
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill Newlon G1000/Allison Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Luke- not much info. to add, but if my memory is correct I watched Bill pull at the Sandwich fair on his 80th birthday. I don't know what year that would have been. I do know that the pull was on the old track, (the limestone horse track in front of the grandstand). I also know that it was some time back because nobody had cell phones for photos or video !!!! Interesting topic Luke. Hope we learn more! --Dean--

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.