Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last weeks project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Last weeks project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thought I'd post a couple pictures of last weeks project. My aunt had some crp that came out this fall and agreed to let me farm it so I plowed it under since the weather has been nice. Try not to pay attn to the bugs on the windshield lol.

Mark Cowan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Last weeks project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jeremy where is this?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Last weeks project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Biggest mistake Case ever made. The red paint turned to crap after two years. The white over black tractors were my favorites as far as Case colors, (Next To DS & PR) What are you pulling that 4B plow with? A repainted 2290??
Loren

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Last weeks project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

actually its 5 16's, and it's a 2294, I agree about the color, I also have a white and black 2294 and like the looks of it alot better than the red ones, If I ever have this one painted its probably going to get painted white instead

Jeremy McNary
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Last weeks project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just south of Mitchell SD

1370pwr in ne
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Last weeks project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

plowing is probably still the best method to break up sod.my neighbor disc some sod under and it took him 4 passes. yours should break up pretty nice next spring.thanks for posting.

JGarner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Last weeks project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Loren, it may not be the color or Case's mistake. In the late 80's early 90's when two part enamel, acrylic enamels and corresponding primer technology was evolving this happened on a lot of wheeled contraptions. The big 3 had major paint problems and wound up repainting thousands of original owner cars due to problems just like this. Turned out to be a paint compatibility with the primer. Today's paints don't seem to have this problem.

I had an '85 Chrysler New Yorker and my son's first car (pick-up) a '90 F150 had this same problem with factory paint. I have to think the Ag companies used/use similar paints and primers. Only thing that fixes it is to take it to bare metal and start over; something many of us, even with paint like Jeremy's, want to face. If its not a show tractor what is there will keep it from rusting at least even though we would all like paint to hold up better. I have come to believe that Case made a lot of bad decisions over the years and even though I don't like to see an IH red Case I think we have to blame this one on paint technology.

Jim

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Last weeks project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,
They haven"t cured the problem yet. The Maxxums and 7220 Magnum here on the farm have similar appearing hoods. The new Plastic CNH tractors are fading as bad or worse than the older ones. At least white doesn't fade. Kubota is having an even bigger problem.
Loren

JGarner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Last weeks project Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now plastic is a different story. Couldn't run fast enough to give me a plastic outfitted farm tractor. Inside trim on today's autos and pick ups only last sometimes 3-4 years before it gives up. I bet your SD Bro's Dodge has had more than one dash cover in it or he bought a cloth pad and lived with it.

Plastic fades, cracks and just generally doesn't hold up. I think that is why so many of us opt for the older models and keep them running. They just don't make them like they used to, no matter WHAT brand. The smaller JDs now come with Mahindra engines made in India! Got to agree with you in this case, can't get much more faded than white so why not go back to white.

Jim

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.