Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas Cards!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Christmas Cards! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello,
I just finished wrinting all my Christmas cards. I did them by hand with a fountain pen.
The printed ones is the only kind I get anymore. Some of them 100% printed. I think that takes away the spirit of the season, for me anyway.
That was my 20 years of service pen.
Guido.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Christmas Cards! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like fountain pens. My boss 25 years ago or so gave me a Mount Blanc fountain pen, but I never could keep it from leaking. Not all the time- but every once in awhile, it would burp and ruin another shirt. I even sent it to a fountain pen repair guy in Seattle, but came back the same.

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Christmas Cards! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Mark(WA),
Mine is a Parker. It has worked fine for me. Made in france. It was given to me has a gift for 20 years of service.
Guido.

PaGlenn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Christmas Cards! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back when I attended Catholic parochial school, the nuns made us use fountian cartridge pens. Now they have this guismo that attaches to your cell phone to accept credit cards. They say to 'swipe the card, then sign your name upon the screen with yor finger tip'. The nuns are rolling in their graves. LOL

Jim in Ma.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Christmas Cards! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The ink pen that we used when I was in school, You had to dip in an inkwell. No cartrage back then. Oh-ya remember to use a blotter too!

thurlow
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Christmas Cards! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can bet that someone in your community is a wood turner and turns pens and pencils; there are fountain pen kits available from Penn State (or most places which sell kits) which work great.

Larry NEIL
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Christmas Cards! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Remember when in grade school the first kids to start using ball point pens. Couldn't believe it at the time!!

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Christmas Cards! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Still can't get used to the term "swipe your card"- used to be, swiping stuff was just stealing. Seems like "swiping" your card would be identity theft. . .

I think I was born about 50 years too late. . .

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Christmas Cards! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Jin in Ma,
Me too, pen and blotter. Oh-Yahad Nuns for teachers too...........OUCH!
Guido.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.