Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NH-275 baler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdv
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: NH-275 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looking for some info on a NH-275 baler good or bad looking at one for sale $1500 thanks cdv

Shale

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: NH-275 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CDV, you were pretty tight with your info for anyone to reasonably tell you if $1500 is a fair price. If the 275 is ‘field ready” and good overall condition $1500 is a fair price for that baler, assuming it does not have a thrower on it. A thrower is worth at least $300-400 more. These balers are decent machines for the little guy, not high capacity, but they need to be maintained as they were built around 1968 to 1972 or so – do the math 40+ years old. So good points- pretty popular dependable machine with part availability even after 40 years, can be run with low h.p. tractor, bad points – small to medium capacity, and some folks consider the feeder carriage to be a problem area.

Tom in TN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: NH-275 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

cdv,

I don't have any experience with a NH 275, but I do have a NH 273 baler. I do about 2500 bales per year. I pull it with a 1973 Ford 2000, 3 cylinder gas tractor, running in second gear.

The baler is good. I have some maintenance problems with it every year, but parts are readily available and I'm able to keep it going. I have about 3 or 4 mis-ties during a typical run of about 200 bales. It likes full windrows but makes mis-shapen bales if the windrows are small or uneven.

Here in Middle Tennessee, $1,500 is about right for a field-ready baler. You'd do well to throw some loose hay into the pick-up and let it bale of few bales while it is sitting stationary to insure that it actually works.

Good luck,

Tom in TN

ACSam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: NH-275 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used to have a 275 and thought it was a very good baler. Did a lot of custom baling . When I first got it(1990), I thought it was doing ok and then a part of the knotter assembly broke during the first year, I had a very knowledgable friend look at it and when he got done with it, it was a fantastic baler. He showed me how to tie in the next bale of twine so it wouldn't break a bale when it switched. The last year I used it(1995), we baled about 5000 bales that year and broke 4 bales. I sold it to a friend for $1200 and he is still baling with it as far as I know.
In it's day it was a high capacity baler. In field ready shape, I would think $1500 would be the upper limit IMO.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: NH-275 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IF it is in reasonable shape than that would be a fair price. They where cheaper a few years ago but the value has came back up on them.

A NH 275 baler is not going to be a real high capacity baler but will be great for a small hay producer.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: NH-275 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ya,I got rid of mine back in 81,but I remember the rollers and tines being an issue in that rack.

Tim(nj)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: NH-275 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Considering how some people in this part of the world think a 40 year old baler is worth $3000+, I'd say $1500 if one in working order is a good deal.

GordoSD
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: NH-275 baler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GRAB IT AND WE WILL HELP YOU MAKE IT THROW a bale every 20 seconds.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.