Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

combine pics for 1370 Rod

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

last chat we had I told you I would post some Safflower harvest pics, also included some of the "birds" in the sunflowers as well as the 960 in Camelina although I am not sure we even got to that crop cnt

1031D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom, you are the king of the oddball crops aren't you!

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes Jim they don't call me "Nutty" for nothing!!! LOL cnt

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tell us how you harvest the Sunflowers. Only raised them 2 years here. Bolted tin "pans" to the cutterbar, that would guide the heads into the header. Kept the heads from falling forward to the ground. 1665 did a nice job, which is not surprising.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John I was going to use my 660 with a 402 corn hdr, I knew I would have some loss but as it was just a "test" plot I didn't think the loss would be so bad, however the birds in the pics took every seed for me weeks before they were ready to harvest so the only thing I did with them was run the "SC" with a shredder behind it and chopped them down, the Sunflower's were a total loss, I have never seen some many of those type of birds in my life, we estimated there were around 5000 of them eating on them and in less than 10 days all the heads were picked clean, by the way I had planted them on 38" rows with my corn planter with sunflower seed plates and cultivated them two times they were around 8'-9' feet tall and seemed to do very well cnt

John Saeli
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 1st year we had 16A of real nice flowers following corn. 2nd year we put 40A on a field that was soys the year before. Bad thing to do. The flowers developed "Scarlatinia". Caused the heads to drop the seeds. Does the 402 use the vine knife set-up? The Deere row crop heads work well, so they say.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry John I know very very little about corn heads, I do not think it has any knife of any kind, I was just betting on it pulling the heads off like it does ear of corn

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Crows? God Bless

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not Crows maybe a Starling or some thing that started with a M can't remember for sure cnt

McKerrow630
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mag-pies (I think there the samething) as starlings. Man dog-gone things sure are nasty.... thou. I guess I woulda declared war "open-season" on them!! tards. God Bless

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Use to do custom combining of sunflowers here in SD. 1660 ahd 1665 both had sunflower heads on them. They were 12" pans. Don't remember who the heads were made by. With 12" pans you could go diagonal if they were leaning bad. Liked to combine them, only took the head and about a foot of stalk,and go all the way up in 2nd gear. Cover a lot of acres in a day with the two machines.

1370rod
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Awesome pics Nutty, I have to give you credit for thinking ahead enough to take all those. Had I played around with different crops I would have never thought of taking pics, I'll have to do that more in the future. That is some different looking stuff, now I will watch for Safflower products in the store. Was it ever determined if that could be a profitable crop for your area? And them dang birds love sunflowers, I think the only way you get to harvest them is to plant more than they can eat and how do you suppose their buddies always find out where the pickin is good. Thanks, Rod.

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well Tom,someday that title will be taken away from you,as when I get my little "A6" working,I plan on putting in some off the wall crops,,,How about Vetch??!!

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dan I will be looking forward to the "Vetch" pics for sure,,, what the heck is it anyway??? seen it in the A-6 ops book I think you might have one of those too????? LOL cnt tom

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: combine pics for 1370 Rod Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Corn head would not have worked, it would have just shreaded the heads and pulled them through. You need to use a straight cut head with the pans or a jd direct cut head. You might have been able to just do it with your straight head but losses probly would have been high. My brother raised them a couple a years.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.