Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thin-set under ceramic tile

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ray hofstetter
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: thin-set under ceramic tile Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thought everyone would enjoy this - last week (12/06/12) I posted about removing thin-set from under 6x6 tiles. Well, this week (at work) I tore into it and they were glued down with VCT GLUE! Anyone ever seen ceramic glued down with floor tile glue? Needless to say, they came up quite easily and no thin-set to chip off the concrete......Thanks to all for suggestions for thin-set removal....

da.bees
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: thin-set under ceramic tile Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't believe I want any thing to do with that tile setter but if you run across whoever finished the slab,I would like his card.

Pops1532
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: thin-set under ceramic tile Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's probably ceramic tile glue....meant to be used on walls. And yes, I've torn floor tile out that was glued.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.