Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT another TV question..

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cb
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sorry to use this for info. about tv's...has anyone found a reliable medium pricd 27 inch tv.. the one we have is a little more than 2 yrs. old..and it is going out fast. [walmart/china made]..not a flat screen, but i will try one this go round. your suggestions will be appreciated. have a nice day

Greenday
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A flat screen is pretty much all you will find now

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a pair of Sony Bravia's.

Decent price (~ $350), no complaints in 4-5 years.

LJD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You must of bought one of the last ones for sale? I got two CRT TVs from Walmart on close-out when they were discontinued in 2009 by most sellers. MY Walmart CRT TVs are both analog. They still work fine but we did have trouble with one of the analog conversion boxes.

I don't know of any "bad" TVs out there now in regard to reliability. Some have better tuners and sound then others. Many low priced ones around that are fine. Sceptre is probabably the best bang for the buck if you want an LCD. I bought our daughter a new 40" Sceptre for $289 and it's been flawless.

According to tests and surveys - Mitsubishi has the worst record.

TVs sold under the RCA brand name has one of the best records for dollar-versus-life.

S.Crum
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wouldn't hurt to check on Craigslist. Everybody has to have the most current "thing" (ie; flat screen, or insert whatever). Truly amazing the almost new but "older technology" that sells dirt cheap or is tossed in the trash for the sake of having new.
I'm rarely "stylin" but I have what works and what I need usually pretty cheap too!

twostepn2001
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably gonna catch flack for saying this, but I have a 42"in Emerson LCD TV in the bedroom that's a little over 6 years old that we got at K-Mart and haven't had any problems with it at all.
Also have a 30"in Emerson LCD TV that I use for the monitor on my computer. (I watch a lot of vids and movies on the computer) I've had it for about 2 years and it runs 24/7, never had a problem with it either.
BTW, heard a lot of people say stay away from plasma TV's. Don't know why, just heard lots of people say so.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sony Bravia LCD flat screen (think it is a 24")...have had it for at least 4-5 years. Has been very good - only problem is reception on one local station since they went to strictly digital transmission signal...but all other stations come in really well.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought all new ones (3) 2 years ago, Nothing fancy largest a 27" and they all have very low volume avaible. Even with add on speakers I can't get the volume up enough for me to hear at times. better ad on speakers might help that. When we bought them had an inheartance that we put in our house remodling and the old tv's were starting to go bad. A 32" could have been cheaper than a 27" but would not fit the area we had, second one a 19" for bedroom and a 9" for the utility room but do not have extra speakers on that one. In remodling the antenna had to go as that is where the utility room is now.

js305
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't laugh when I say this. There is a place in Lubbock called Lighthouse for the Blind. It's a Goodwill type of store that takes donated goods and sells them for their charity. At any given time there are five to ten televisions like you are wanting. Most are on and have excellent pictures. They sell them for as much as $20 each!!

I know these kinds of places are all over and you might could find a real deal like that. They are being discarded because of the frequency/digital channel changes. The thing that's going to get scarce pretty soon is the converter box needed on these older televisions.

We are watching an old Toshiba that I bought on sale about 15 years ago, with a Zenith converter box. I'm happy with the picture and well use it until it quits. I still have a problem with the "skinny" format on the screens now, makes me feel like I'm peeping through a fence.

Mike (WA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Easy way? Just watch the sale prices at Sears. I got a Samsung 32" LED for $299- no muss, no fuss, and they even carried it to my car.

Mark-Ia
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you come to Iowa, I'll give you a 27" Sharp.

Bob - MI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have 3 Sony flat panels (2-40" and 1-32") that are excellent. My daughter has 40" Sony and a 32" Toshiba and has great success with both of them.

Good places to get deals on these brands are Sam's Club, Costco, and New Egg. I generally don't shop Wal Mart for these types things. Costco take the MFG. warranty to 2 years at no additional charge. Sam's Club has a 90-day return policy no questions asked. New Egg is tought to beat when they have a sale on. You usually get free shipping with no sales tax on top of great pricing.

If you buy the really low priced brands you are probably getting what you paid for. Shop on-line and read the reviews before you buy.

farmer boy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Panasonic plasma that I've had for 2 years. I'll admit to being careful about certain things to prevent burn in, but I've never had any problems. I has a very nice picture. Thing I like the most is the glass screen. Easy to clean because you can push on it a bit to get streaks out of it, and it won't scratch. I also have a 21" LG LCD computer monitor that I also like, it's too small for TV though.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Westinghouse always looks terrible on the store shelves.

We have 3 Samsungs of various sizes, good machines.

Lot fo stuff in between, all gonna be made over there, all pretty much about the same.

Go to a box store, look at the shelves, and see what catches your fancy. Some have better contrast (shades of black) some have better color, some have better motion (sports and fast action). Pick out what fits your needs.

--->Paul

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: OT another TV question.. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kill your television.
You and your family will be smarter, happier and more blessed without it.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.