Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1206SWMO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking 1660 Case on ebay but at $5250 I doubt that it sells..
1660 Case

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He is kinda steep on things. He has a nice Badger silage conveyor for sale too, which I think is too rich for my blood. I could use a new one, tho.

He DOES have a Case feed mixer/mill. Looks OK. I have not seen one before, that I can remember. I wonder if Case ever built one, or did someone paint this one up to look like a Case?

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Helix Mfg. built the feed mill for Case as well as auger unloading feed wagons. Some of the feed wagons were mixer wagons. Had to be some of the first to mfg. one.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You never know the value on this type of stuff. There where not that many ever made and this one seems in real good shape. Also $5250 is not that much money to many collectors. I would rather pay the $5250 than $1500 for one that has set out side for the last thirty years. You could easily have more money in the cheaper machine by the time you get it to work.

dbock
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I saw both of these combines sale at an auction in Il. They brought $2000 and $2100 at the sale. They are in good condition, but I don't think they are worth $5250.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The helix grain and silage wagon had a rubber conveyor belt, across the front, not an auger. Kasten built an auger discharge wagon, but it was never marketed by Case, HOWEVER they were case colored.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ACG, I beg to differ!! On page 44 and 45 of the 66 Case buyer's guide, the 510 grinder mixer,T500 grinder,and Case -Helix auger wagons are shown. I have one each of the grinders and 4 auger wagons. Kasten boxes were sold here also with no connection to JI Case.

Ande
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Blaine,
Yes,it might be a bit much,I paid 1/2 of that,and it was shedded and cared for.Yes,its still in the shed.
But like JD Seller said,sometimes it's better to pay more and get something that has been inside.

RedRoundhead
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good to know! Thanks for the answer!

Was Helix Mfg. in WI?

55 50 Ron
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What's your approx location? Seems that you might have a Case show like CNT is thinking of doing!!

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you! We used to put on a all Case Threshing show for 10 years. Had plowing demos, 2 restored Case threshers, grain binder, corn binder, Case balers, Case tillage equip., grinders, stationary corn cutter. Had tractors from the 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s plowing with correct era plows all Case. Decided to stop after all the nephews and kids got families and was too hard to get a crew together. Plus people would come and b!tch that everything was Case!

oleclint
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Helix mixer mills and auger carts were made in Indiana if I remember rite. Mite of been in Crown Point , Like Letz burr mills. If I am wrong, correct me. clint

Kevin B from Illinois
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How you doing Clint ready for the Holidays and possible Snow storm might even come you way.

Kevin B from Illinois
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think you can find a better combine then the case for maybe less money take a look for an IH, Gleaner maybe even a JD, easier to get parts for these by far.

WGM
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1660 Case-Price Might Be Too Steep Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Helix was from Crown Point, Indiana

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.