Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More 2N Progress

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It took me longer than I thought to go through and clean all of the electrical connections, but I got to the point that I'm ready to do a test run. The tractor hasn't been started in a year.

Colin, MN

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking good Colin! Don't forget to put a tblspn or so of oil in each cylinder before you start it. And do open the garage door!

But I detect a problem.........

That appears to be a car in the garage. Garages are for tractors! Smile

Scott-SD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks good, Is the 8n next to it the next project.

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good reminders, Bruce! I'll be sure to do both. Thank you. I completely agree with you about the garage. In fact, the 1940 9N is sitting under a pile of snow while the car gets royal treatment? Something is terribly wrong with that.

Colin

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It sure is. It's a 1950 and belonged to the family who farmed across from us. It's the only tractor they owned and has been in pieces since the 1990s. I purchased it last fall from the original owner's son. As a side note, the original owner's grandson was my best man in my wedding this summer. It'll be nice to restore a piece of local history.

Colin

01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know what happened on first post as i'm a little behind power curve on some of this stuff. Meant to say sure is neat to be restoring the 8-N from the next farm. I drove mine several time today in rain just because they are so much fun to operate. All of your work looks great by the way.

Last edited by 01BIRDDOG on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
HCooke
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking very good! I like gray tractors. But I gotta ask, what's with the red fan?

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you so much! That's really nice of you to say. Did you end up getting any snow your way?

Colin

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the color contrast it makes and the color might add a little extra warning for safety.

Colin

ScoutB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wow, that's looking really good! That will be a very beautiful machine when you're done with it.

Colin King
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting it running. This will be my second tear-down, cleaning, painting, etc and it's always exciting when you get close to completion.

Colin, MN

2ruNgineer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: More 2N Progress Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I enjoy watching this rebuild. Keep posting. I want to get Clara the 2N done up in some nice dress clothes some day.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.