Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JD-327 Square baler.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrr_ranch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would someone tell me how to get the manual swing bar to move on a JD-327 Square baler.

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What are you calling a "manual swing bar"?? I've seen that listed in any JD 327 baler manuals nor do I have a clue what you're referring to.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you mean the front hitch? Adjusting between road travel and field use?

rrr_ranch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes sir that's the one. It seems to be locked in the field position and I can't budge it but it's loose if you shake it. Just won't swing straight ahead.
Thanks for the reply

rrr_ranch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The main tow bar which swings left or right for field (offset) or towing straight ahead.
Thanks

rrr_ranch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The main tow bar which swings left or right for field (offset) or towing straight ahead.
Thanks

55deere70
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd like to help you, but I'm afraid there's no hope for you...If you can't figure out how to swing the tongue on a baler, then how in God's name are you ever going to figure out how to run the baler itself??

rrr_ranch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well sir: I can run the baler and put out a pretty nice bale. The bar has never been moved out of field position in 20 some odd years, and removing the pin dosn't work. So I just was asking in case there's some little thing I'm missing.
Thank you

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I"d jack up the front of the baler frame, unhook from the tractor, and try to move it. That long in position? Maybe pivot is rusted solid.

rrr_ranch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have tried that and I'm afraid your right. Years back I saw my brother try to back up the tractor and swing it but that didn't work either.

Thanks again

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used to have a 336 and IIRC, the crossmember under it could get bent up from hitting a rock or something so that it kind of pinches off so that the pole cannot slide.

rrr_ranch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, it's either bent or rusted from what I can see. Our fields do have a few low spots.

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

On my NH 268, I release the latch, put a good sized wedge, chunk of firewood, etc, behind the right baler wheel, and gently back up the tractor. Can get quite a bit of torque to move tongue that way.

rrr_ranch
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you, I considered that but more worried about the tractor than the baler. Think I'll just keep spraying with wd40 or blaster and try again this spring.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: JD-327 Square baler. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a few nasty ideas about anchoring the baler with a couple of tractors and whacking it with something bigger....after checking for bent, binding parts, like another poster suggested....but maybe the best is to clean out all hay, hit the pivot with an oxy torch, with a rosebud tip..........maybe stick some candlewax on it as it cools, and try moving it. Wax melts between stuck parts, threads, etc....and loosens things. WD40 used to be good, new formulation is xxxx pizz.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.