Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Massey 65 High Crop

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garri, Oklahoma

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Massey 65 High Crop Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am working on and doing a light restoration on a Massey 5 high crop serial number R GM656060. Is there a website to look and see how many of the 65's were high crops? I have found out it is a 1958. I will have to do some carburetor / fuel system work, steering work, and other fixing up, cleaning up and painting. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

MasseyH
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 65 High Crop Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably more like a Hi-Arch rather than a High Crop. As far as I no there were NO High Crops made other than the Hi Arch with 38" rear wheels.
More MF 65s made than you would imagine (60,000+)

Tequila
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 65 High Crop Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just finished a 64 MF65, Hi Arch Diesel, great little tractor. Almost all the parts are available thru a MF dealer. You can research "AGCO PARTS. On line" Not sure of the 58 era decals, but numerous photos available on the YT site. Lots of used body and Misc. parts available. Post back any oddball parts your needing. Good luck, you will have a great machine when your finished.

Steven-Id
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 65 High Crop Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a mf65 high arch that is a 1958 model. It is all original as far as i know. If you need pictures for decal placement let me know. My manual says that the RGM in the serial # means a row crop twin with a gas engine and a double clutch. I don't know what the row crop is? The high arch has the 38" rear tires.

Steven

texas65

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 65 High Crop Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a 1963 Mf 65 row crop LP gas,as they are called,lots down here in the south plains of texas

730 virgil
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 65 High Crop Reply to specific post Reply with quote

try the massey legacy magazine

Garri
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 65 High Crop Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any pictures for reference on decal placement would be great. This tractor has a goofy glass pack and exhaust that is going to have to be redone. The air inlet tube from the air filter to the carburetor has been re engineered to say the least. Any pictures of the original exhaust and air tube would help too. I told the owner to get me a book, but I'm not sure there would good pictures in a repair manual. Thanks again fella's.

Steven-Id
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 65 High Crop Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you will send me an email I will get some pictures for you. I also have a mf 50 that my dad bought new in 1958 that I know is all original and they look the same as far as decal placement.

Steven

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.