Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT but picture of 8-N with question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: OT but picture of 8-N with question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was driving the 8-N today between rain and went to check some round bales and took this pic. As i was leaving i saw the tops of some were covered with coyote poop. They are thick as fleas here plus a lot of black bear so i guess they jumped up to get a better vantage point at night and were just too lazy to get down when urge hit. Is this common in your neck of the woods ?

BigDanT
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OT but picture of 8-N with question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Haven't noticed them on top of the bales but, do have do them digging dens into the sides. I would think raccoons to be a more likely culprit for leaving a mess on top of the bales. The coyotes around my place like to leave their calling cards right in the middle if my driveway.

notjustair
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OT but picture of 8-N with question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have cattle on the wheat stubble. Went to check electric fence and found lots of holes dug by them out there. At night they are do loud here it sounds like they are in the other room.

heybusdriver
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: OT but picture of 8-N with question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Middle of the driveway, well at least you can see it before stepping in it.

Stan
9N 222933
2N with 8N motor 8N345567
8N 146710
8N 179555
8N 197904
8N 199000
8N 254079
8N 362039

01BIRDDOG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: OT but picture of 8-N with question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would rather hear them than the sounds of a loud city. Lucky we can still have a place to enjoy all that we do. I meant to say in my pic above that i saw and made the pic. on Sat. -----it did rain here all day yesterday on Sunday.

Britcheflee
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: OT but picture of 8-N with question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

01BIRDDOG wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:32:10 12/16/12) Was driving the 8-N today between rain and went to check some round bales and took this pic. As i was leaving i saw the tops of some were covered with coyote poop. They are thick as fleas here plus a lot of black bear so i guess they jumped up to get a better vantage point at night and were just too lazy to get down when urge hit. Is this common in your neck of the woods ?

In England foxes poop on raised up spots such as rocks etc - noticed over here poop in middle of driveway and on top of low stumps etc - I think I read somewhere that it is a method of marking territory to allow scent to drift and warn others to keep away.

Lee

LME
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: OT but picture of 8-N with question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, they like to get on the big bales here also.

Colin King
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: OT but picture of 8-N with question Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great photo! I am really envious of those pie weights. We certainly have coyote in the area, but I don't think we have as many as you do by the sounds of it. Plenty of bear here too.

Colin, MN

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.