Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1100 Massey clutch?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1100 MF question

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: 1100 Massey clutch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an 1100 MF that has been sitting for awhile (1-2 months).....and when I went to start it it will not shift into gear. Doesn't mattre if in high/low, etc. Can start it in gear, but when apply brakes or clutch it keeps going. Is there an inspection cover or what should I try to free it? Assumed clutch is "stuck"...wondered about putting it in gear while engine is off and trying to rocket it back and forth? Again, when tractor is running and you shift into any gear it just grinds...any thought?? again--it is shedded and has never done this or acted up.

Dieseltech
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1100 Massey clutch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You may have a release lever damaged and not pulling pressure plate away as it should. Drive disc may be rusted/sticking to flywheel. Early tractors had a single clutch, late models had 2 drive discs with a floating plate between the discs, it can hang up on drive tangs also and not slide causing disc drag. Have you tried driving in hi 1st, clutch down and tapping brakes? It may work IF it is just rusty. Dad's 1100 did stick once, but it released ok with the brakes. If tractor has to sit unused may need to start blocking down clutch pedal.

Robert Major
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1100 Massey clutch? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi
The 1135 has an inspection cover, it has a greaser in it for the release bearing. a lot of other masseys have plates under the clutch housing, so don't see why not.
As the other poster said try it in gear and stand on the Brakes I have done this on a fordson that stuck and it worked for me Just make sure the stop works good, If not ya might need clean shorts L.O.L

Maybe the seals are leaking on the motor or transmission input and oil has stuck it too seen different colors do this once in a while.

I remember an old guy telling me that blocking the pedal down for a long time is not a fantastic Idea as the springs are under a lot more tension and it weakens them over time.
Good luck
Regards Robert

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.