Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cockshutt 2255

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveGr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was there ever a Cockshutt 2255 that said it was andhad it say so on the side panels or was it called a White 2255 that was in Cockshutt colors that had White 2255 on the side panels and in the grill. For I have only seen the White verson.

oliver fan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Several years ago there was an article in the HPOCA magazine that stated that there were no Cockshutt 2255's built. I helped with the article, but that statement was made by the writer of the article, not me. A short time later a guy in Canada, thinking I made that statement, sent me a picture of one. He knew the dealer who sold the tractor new and the farmer that still owned it. He also said that was the introductry model and the only Cockshutt 2255 built.

The man is a big time Cockshutt collector and I don't doubt is word. He also said the next shipment all had the White name on them.

chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oliver fan, do you know how many of the white 2255s were 4x4s? thanks, chuck

oliver fan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The HPOCA article says there were 144 White 2255's built over a two year period (1973 and 1974). The breakdown was 129 two wheel drive and 15 four wheel drive. The article also says some were exported to other countries beside Canada.

chucksoliver77
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

oliver fan, thanks for the reply. since only 15 were sold as white 2255, do you think that would add to the value of one? thanks again, chuck

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not gonna spend a whole lot of time wracking my brain about it,but a guy out east of town here had one,a two wheel drive. He had an auction probably at least 15 years ago and that was on it. If anybody had asked,I'd have bet the farm that was a Cockshutt 2255,not a White. Anymore,if the claim is that there was just one,I don't know.

jordan hackman
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well the price area gets kind of tricky. if it is a restored 2255 with FWA it could range from 21,000 to 30,000; don't forget this tractor easily goes past 150hp and people use them in the fields yet. now if you add in the idea it is a white 2255 with FWA then i wouldn't be survived if it does go over 30,000, though i doubt it would be to much higher. yet if it isn't restored well it can range from 12,000 to 20,000. then if it has a bad motor then it can range from 4,000 to 10,000. then if it is at auction well anything could happen. as you can see there are a lot of variables involved when determing a price.

G1355
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only 15 were a white 2255, didn't know there were only that
few seen two for sale in the last couple years but didn't know
there that rare

agcodick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

oliver fan wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:11:06 12/18/12) Several years ago there was an article in the HPOCA magazine that stated that there were no Cockshutt 2255's built. I helped with the article, but that statement was made by the writer of the article, not me. A short time later a guy in Canada, thinking I made that statement, sent me a picture of one. He knew the dealer who sold the tractor new and the farmer that still owned it. He also said that was the introductry model and the only Cockshutt 2255 built.

The man is a big time Cockshutt collector and I don't doubt is word. He also said the next shipment all had the White name on them.

That is neat that there is one that says cockshutt. I would really like to see that picture.

I was looking at the 2255 parts breakdowns on agcopartsbooks and they list an Oliver, Cockshutt and White decal sets.

Some of the 2255's went to Australia as well as the 1870, 2270 and a very neat 1955
WHITE

Last edited by agcodick on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
770guy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cockshutt 2255 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Only 15 FWA White 2255's! I never would have guessed it was that low. Last winter I went to a farm north of St. Cloud, MN to look at a tractor for sale. When I walked into the shed the guy had a red 2255 with FWA. He said it was a White, but he had Cockshutt decals on it because he said he couldn't find White ones when he repainted it. It was an open station with triple hydraulic and spacers on the front wheels which he said made a big difference in turning compared to his 1955 FWA. He was more of a farmer than a collector so I wonder if he knew how rare of a tractor he was running around with. Needless to say it was hard to focus on the tractor I came to see after I saw that one.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.