Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Blanchard
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am over boring my Super C to 3.25. Stepped head pistons, the kit you get from Denny's. I read somewhere that increasing the displacement without planing the head won't do much good. The guy who is doing the motor said to ask someone who knows how much you can take off the head. so how much can I plane the head down? What are the side affects, I still use this tractor for things other than pulling. Thanks for any help.

north puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cutting down the head makes a good head week and prone to cracking. If you haven't already purchased the rebuild kit, you may want to consider custom high compression pistons if you want more compression that the "kit" pistons will give you.

You might be surprised however at the improvement an overbore and "steped head" pistons will make if the motor you have is stock and worn out.

Scott Blanchard
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am hoping that will be the case. I want to make it as good as I can without damaging the tractor. Unfortunately I have already placed the order. Thanks, I also am from the north, but north east Vermont, You?

Slow burn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I was u I would stop my order cancel the check. If u have problems it's yours. He's not honest. And his kits do not make the power he claims. Just trying to help, not here to start anything.

ShaggyM

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had the Head on my 133 cut 80 thou and I use it to plow gardens and I am in the process of putting a rear blade on the tractor so I can move snow!
I ahve heard of a few going as far a 125 and not having a problem.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Scott Blanchard wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:34:33 12/19/12) I am hoping that will be the case. I want to make it as good as I can without damaging the tractor. Unfortunately I have already placed the order. Thanks, I also am from the north, but north east Vermont, You?

Scott, you better build that C right if you are going to compete with the "Red Neck Hippie" up there.

north puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A little further north than that.....

Ontario, Canada

Klochner
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got to agree with slowburn. Search out about Denny's and you won't find to many happy campers

CLIFF S
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Scott what classes are you Pulling with your super C ?

there is A few options with different heads will help your compression and make more power with the 3 1/4 pistons!

There is a few options for camshafts too!

Cliff S

nl00sb
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the stock over bore kits that dennys offers at least for a sc are no diff. than any other kit ur gonna buy, you can shave the head to get more comp. but keep in mind with step head pistons and shaving the head u may have to jump into a little beter fuel. my c with 3.125 step heads and .80 off the head needs 93 or beter or else it will detinate/ping due to compression. i would maybe take 50 off the head to clean the surface up and get a smidge but no more if u intend on running for more than a pull or 2. if u want to have the best of both worlds, then do what i just did with my 230 put in a 153 motor

tim111612
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what other options for heads?

Scott Blanchard
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Super C Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm pulling 3,000 and 3,500

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.