Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serial Number Location on a 3 cyl. 2000

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Wieringa

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Serial Number Location on a 3 cyl. 2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You where all right. Numbers are right there in the open for all to see, and here they are. Please tell me what they mean. 6C17B P256 B051957 . Thanks Jim

Tom in TN
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Serial Number Location on a 3 cyl. 2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim,

I looked at a site named vintagetractorengineer.com but I couldn't decipher the numbers based on what is on that site.

The 6C17B part looks like your tractor might be a 1966, that was built on March 17 during the day shift.
The B051957 part looks like it was built in Basilton and the serial number is 051957, but I'm not sure of any of that.

You might want to look at that site and see if it makes better sense to you.

Good luck,

Tom in TN

Sean in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Serial Number Location on a 3 cyl. 2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom is right on the production code and serial number.

6C17B means it was built on March 17, 1966 during the day shift, and.

B051957 is a serial number from the Basildon UK assembly plant.

P256 does not make sense at all.

Look again, the model number may be further in towards the center line of the tractor on the rough part of that flat spot, past where it's ground smooth. The model number for a 1966 2000 should be 6 characters long and start with 210. The last 3 characters should be 2 more numbers and a letter.

Last edited by Sean in PA on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
oneofeach
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Serial Number Location on a 3 cyl. 2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is your 2000 a Dexta. I am looking for differences between the Dexta and non-Dexta

Jim Wieringa

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Serial Number Location on a 3 cyl. 2000 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I see nothing that would cause me to say Dexta.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.