Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tubeless front tires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
north puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: tubeless front tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any reason I can't run "tube type" front tires tubeless? Any downside to doing this?

Robert Major
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: tubeless front tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About the only things I can see would be problems,would be getting an air tight seal round the bead. I deal with a lot of tubeless ag tires and they are a pain in the a@# some times to seal and keep up.
On a puller I wonder if they came down hard at an angle say while steering, if most tubeless would pop off the rim and you would get an instant flat. Probably a tube type would stay up in that instance better.
Why would a guy want to do it anyway If your worried about weight your tractors to heavy and 2 tubes less won't help much. you could put your tractor over weight by eating a good Christmas meal if the few kg's those tubes weigh is a problem.
Regards Robert

LCB
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: tubeless front tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ran some tubless and did OK for 5 or 6 years and then i guess the tires got old and kept looseing air slowly so i put tubes in them no more prolems.

north puller
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: tubeless front tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Honestly just thought it would be easier mounting the tires without tubes rather than fight getting them in there.

Robert Major
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: tubeless front tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok No problem. I would rather fight once with putting in tubes than spend hours trying to get the tubeless to seal, then end up doing it tubed anyway.
If you can get one somewhere, I have a kinda fish wire I use to pull the tube stems through the hole in the rim. That helps no end. when the tubes in you put the tool through the valve hole and screw it on the valve stem Roughly line the stem with the hole then put the last bead on. and fish the stem trough the hole after. Remove tool and then add air. Just be careful not to drop the stem back in while adding air.
The other thing is pay someone else to do it then they deal with all the B.S lol. I can do a lot of my own tires. But some days I can't be bothered and give the tire shop a headache instead lol.
Regards Robert

m/m jack

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: tubeless front tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tubless rims have beaded shoulder to ad in holding the tire bead,

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.