Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Adjust wheel color

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Mc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a '55 TO35 "Green Belly" with Power Adjust rear wheels. The wheels "appear" to have the original paint on them which is gray. According to the FENA site the rear wheels should be silver. I have seen pictures of them both colors. Which would be the correct color, gray or silver? Thanks.

Bob Mc

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I look at FENAs site under 1955 TO 35 Paintschemes for the rear rims I see it shows Bright Aluminum.

Gearhead210
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Please don't bombard me because of a dumb question, but did the older "TO-35"'s have the power adjust option? Or was it only until the MF35's (red and silver tractors) that they had power adjust? Just curious

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They should be painted Silver Mist Gray. Go Fena--Resources--Paint Color Numbers--it shows every part what it should be painted. Yes they had Power Adjust on the TO 35.

Vance Summerhill
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gearhead,
Good question! In the last 57 years, it would seem quite possible that people upgraded or changed wheels. I also have a 55' TO35 and mine has power adjusts on it. My owners manual has info on how to adjust them. The problem is, parts can be expensive and tough to find. Mine were painted red, over the original(what looks like) silver. Hope this helps.

Bob Mc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gearhead, like I tell my students, there aren't any dumb questions. The power adjust was an option in 1955. I have two '55 TO35's and both have the power adjust wheels. My first one someone had painted red and gray like a newer Massey Ferguson, but my "new" one is original green and gray.

Richard, that's my dilemma, I checked the paint schemes on FENA and saw the bright silver for rear wheels. That is what sparked my question because the whole tractor appears to be original paint and it's rear wheels are gray. It doesn't look like they were ever silver. I want to get the color right when I paint it this summer and that is the only color I had a question about. Thanks.

Bob Mc

samn40
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is an original standard wheel of a tractor with .07 hrs on it. and a restored tractor which I think is correct.

The only thing I would say about the restored one is that the bolts that hold the clamps to the centre disc should be zinc plated

I have more photos of the original tractor if you want to see them.
The tractor belongs to Wengers of Meyerstown PA. I took the pics when I visited there last year.
Sam

Last edited by samn40 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wheels

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok Mickey, your page shows Silver Mist Grey, however if you go to Paintschemes page it shows the 1954 through early 1956 specifically, as Bright Aluminum is this another of these items where both could be correct?

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The two colors could be close to the same. A person might use the one he prefer.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes Bob, I understand what you are questioning and there are sometimes as stated in the paint sections where two different colors could be correct. I am sure you are trying to figure if this could be one of those cases. You will have to find out from higher authority than me as I do not know.

Richard L
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tell you what Bob, paint them what you like and when at tractor shows there will be others to tell you it is correct or it isn't. LOL

Bob Mc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Richard you probably have the best idea, paint it like you want it. Mine is a "gentleman" tractor, I use it to mow my pasture and the model airplane runway for the R/C flying club, I don't plan on doing shows. I do want to get the colors as close to original as I can though. Sam, that is a nice looking TO 35, and his wheels look to be Bright Aluminum. Miner09 is that Silver Mist Gray on your F40? I appreciate all the help you guys gave me. Thanks

Bob Mc

miner09
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Power Adjust wheel color Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, they are Silver Mist Gray. Didn't have good light(night time) when I took picture . They have more shine.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.