Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NH S-717 direct cut head

View previous topic :: View next topic  
farmallfever1990
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im looking for a direct cut head for my New Holland
Super 717 forage harvester. What model head is the
direct cut head and what based on given condition
poor fair and excellent would I be looking to spend
should I find one, thanks.
-Neil

casecollectorsc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in SD and have never seen a direct cut head for a S 717. But I do have a used very little pickup head for one.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I once had one.Bought it at a sale,pd $5 for it.Never used it...Several years later I hauled it to a consignment sale.It brought $1.

redpower1990
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found sales brochure on Ebay for the Super 717 chopper that actually shows a picture of what the direct cut head looks like. Since I'm not allowed to post pictures on here yet I cannot upload the picture I mean. It basically has the look of the Haybine (less crusher rolls in the back) and is 6 feet wide. Also for those not familiar with the ad there is a photo of the direct cut head harvesting corn as well which shows it is essentially universal for both green chopped haylage and corn silage.

tomstractorsandtoys1
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You will have to look in the eastern US.There were almost no direct cut heads sold in the midwest.In PA and MD almost every harvester sold in the 1960's and mid 70's had a direct cut head with it.Most have gone to scrap by now. Dad had an IH 350 and latter a Deere 38 with direct cut head.We have a Deere 12 and 35 with direct cut heads.Most in the midwest used a flail chopper for green chopping but the east used direct cut heads.It may be because in the east we harvested alot of small grain forage in the dough stage and a flail machine would shatter to much.There is a Fry's machinery in Muncy Pa. that might have one.I have seen them sell for $10 to $1000. The $1000 is for a six ft. Deere.You will probaly havr to pay $300-600 for one.I have seen them but not for many years.

ihman73
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe the 717S direct cut head had a separate drive for the wobble box aside from the header drive but I'm not positive I have only seen one and that was a long time ago. I believe that was the only direct cut head for the smaller choppers. They also had the 880S for the 880,770,782 etc.

RickB
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ihman73 has it right the 717S is the model you are looking for.

kerry mize

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a couple here in north ga

farmallfever1990
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would you possibly be looking to sell one?

Nathan (SD)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have only seen one ever, and I think it went for scrap.

kerry mize

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

sure 600.00 but i need to look at it, to make sure it is still in good condution

redpower1990
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay email me a picture of it if you can. Thanks

kerry mize

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

whats your email address

redpower1990
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NH S-717 direct cut head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its Fullern90@gmail.com

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.