Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MF135UK rear lift position/draft calibration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian I.
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: MF135UK rear lift position/draft calibration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello. I am in the process of replacing the rear lift cylinder due to excessive scratches in the cylinder lining and piston. When I reassemble the lift, I was considering trying to calibrate the position/draft control. However the manual I have keeps referring to use Massey Ferguson special tool#... for this and special Massey Ferguson wedge# for that.... I have no idea what these are and I"am not likely to get ahold of these tools. Can someone describe to me if these tools can simply be made...are they simply small pieces of metal of a certain thickness & dimension??? Any help or suggestions would definitely be appreciated. Thank you.

john in the highlands
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: MF135UK rear lift position/draft calibration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When I did mine on a US built mf35 I was instructed by a UK reference for 35/135 models that they claim also applied to US made 35/135 models. The spring tension on the draft control and position control should be 3 lbs using a hook spring scale (like you'd use to weigh a fish you caught).This would be measured with the lock nut loosened to back off the off centered cam / roller. It's not much tension so all the rollers etc have to be in good working order.

DavidP, South Wales
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: MF135UK rear lift position/draft calibration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Brian,
The 35 and 135 hydraulic systems are very different animals when it comes to the hydraulic system.
It is essential that the correct special tools or items giving the same dimensions are used to ensure correct operation.
To make copies of the actual tools would be very time consuming. However with the correct dimensions and a little ingenuity it should be possible to devise ones which will do the job.
I can give you the dimensions of the necessary tools. If you would like to contact me direct I will forward them to you.
DavidP, South Wales

john in the highlands
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: MF135UK rear lift position/draft calibration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

so I may have set mine up wrong. David could I find out the correct way with the proper tools from you?

DavidP, South Wales
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: MF135UK rear lift position/draft calibration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello John,
If you'd like to contact me directly I will send the info to you at the same time as to Brian.
DavidP

steamnjn23
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MF135UK rear lift position/draft calibration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey David,
I just bought a MF 65.
Will I need this information as well?

-greg

john in the highlands
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: MF135UK rear lift position/draft calibration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

David your email is not in an enable mode.

Sorry my mistake, I didn't know to use the classic view. Life's getting to complicated!

Last edited by john in the highlands on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
DavidP, South Wales
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: MF135UK rear lift position/draft calibration Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi all and to those who have emailed me. I will try and get the info to you in the next couple of days. Things kind of busy at the mo with Christmas etc. The system in the 35 and 65 is different to the 135 etc. Most of the 35/65 adjustments can be carried out with a good workshop manual, which you should have anyway if doing this type of adjustment.
DavidP

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters